- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: If they’ve really got what it takes, it’s going to take everything they’ve got.
- Genres: Drama, Music
- Release Date: 1980-05-16
- Runtime: 134.0 min
- Budget: $8.5 million
- Revenue: $42.0 million
- Production Companies: Metro, Goldwyn, Mayer
Cast & Crew
Irene Cara, Barry Miller, Maureen Teefy, Paul McCrane, Lee Curreri, Gene Anthony Ray, Antonia Franceschi, Laura Dean, Boyd Gaines, Albert Hague, Tresa Hughes, Anne Meara, Joanna Merlin, Jim Moody, Debbie Allen, Richard Belzer, Eddie Barth, Steve Inwood, Frank Bongiorno, Bill Britten, Eric Brockington, Nicholas Bunin, Cindy Canuelas, Nora Cotrone, Mbewe Escobar, Victor of Aquitaine, Lesley Quickley, Ilse Sass, Ray Ramirez, Isaac Mizrahi, Meg Tilly, Holland Taylor, Sal Piro
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Fame”
Fame is a classic musical drama released in 1980. It follows the lives of a group of students at the prestigious New York City High School for the Performing Arts. The film follows the students as they struggle to balance their studies with their passion for performing.
The movie opens with a group of students auditioning for the school. We meet Coco Hernandez (Irene Cara), a talented singer from Spanish Harlem; Leroy Johnson (Gene Anthony Ray), a street dancer from the Bronx; and Montgomery MacNeil (Barry Miller), a shy, introverted actor from Brooklyn. We also meet the other students, including a talented violinist (Paul McCrane), a classical dancer (Laura Dean), and a saxophonist (Lee Curreri).
The film follows the students as they struggle to balance their studies with their passion for performing. We see them rehearsing for their classes, competing for roles in school plays, and dealing with the pressures of fame and celebrity. As their lives become more complicated, the students must confront difficult choices between their artistic dreams and the realities of life.
The film culminates in a spectacular performance at the school’s graduation ceremony. The students’ hard work pays off and they are rewarded with a standing ovation from the audience.
Fame is a timeless classic that celebrates the power of the performing arts and the strength of the human spirit. It is a must-watch for any fan of musicals and a great
Where to Watch “Fame”
If you are wondering where to watch “Fame”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Fame” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Fame” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Fame