- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The adventure begins in your own back yard.
- Genres: Family, Science Fiction, Fantasy
- Release Date: 1985-07-12
- Runtime: 109.0 min
- Budget: $25.0 million
- Revenue: $9.9 million
- Production Companies: Paramount
Cast & Crew
Ethan Hawke, River Phoenix, Jason Presson, Amanda Peterson, Bobby Fite, Dana Ivey, Bradley Gregg, Georg Olden, Chance Schwass, Danny Nucci, Taliesin Jaffe, James Cromwell, Brooke Bundy, Tricia Bartholome, Eric Luke, Robert Picardo, Karen Mayo, Chandler, Robert F. Boyle, John P. Navin Jr.-Mary Hillstead, Simone Blue, Meshach Taylor, Dick Miller, Leslie Rickert, Mary Kay Place
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Explorers”
Explorers is a 1985 American science fiction adventure comedy film directed by Joe Dante and written by Eric Luke. It stars Ethan Hawke, River Phoenix, and Jason Presson as a trio of teenagers who build a spaceship out of a backyard shed and travel to outer space.
The movie follows three teenage boys, Ben (Ethan Hawke), Wolfgang (River Phoenix), and Darren (Jason Presson), who are all fascinated by science fiction. Ben is the leader of the group, and is the one who comes up with the idea of building a spaceship out of a backyard shed. With the help of a mysterious alien being, they are able to construct the ship and take off on an incredible journey through the stars.
The trio soon find themselves in a strange and dangerous place, filled with alien creatures and otherworldly phenomena. They must use their wits and courage to survive the many perils they encounter, and find a way back to Earth. Along the way, they learn the importance of friendship and teamwork, as well as the power of imagination.
Explorers is a classic coming-of-age story, filled with adventure, humor, and heart. It is a timeless tale of friendship and exploration that will entertain viewers of all ages.
Where to Watch “Explorers”
If you are wondering where to watch “Explorers”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Explorers” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Explorers” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Explorers