- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The drama and the passion of one of the epic events of the twentieth century !
- Genres: History, War, Action
- Release Date: 1960-12-15
- Runtime: 208.0 min
- Budget: $4.0 million
- Revenue: $21.8 million
- Production Companies: Otto Preminger Films
Cast & Crew
Paul Newman, Eva Marie Saint, Ralph Richardson, Peter Lawford, Lee J. Cobb, Sal Mineo, John Derek, Hugh Griffith, Gregory Ratoff, Felix Aylmer, David Opatoshu, Jill Haworth, Marius Goring, Alexandra Stewart, Michael Wager, Martin Benson, Paul Stevens, Betty Walker, Martin Miller, Victor Maddern, George Maharis, John Crawford, Shmuel Segal, Dahn Ben Amotz, Ralph Truman, Peter Madden, Joseph Fürst, Paul Stassino, Michael Wynne, Mark Burns, Esther Ofarim, Zipora Peled, Philo Hauser
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Exodus”
Exodus is a 1960 American epic historical drama film directed by Otto Preminger and based on the 1958 novel of the same name by Leon Uris.
The film tells the story of the founding of the modern State of Israel and follows the life of an Israeli freedom fighter, Ari Ben-Canaan (Paul Newman). It begins in 1947, when the United Nations Partition Plan for Palestine is adopted and the British government decides to withdraw from Palestine. The Jewish population in the area is determined to establish a new state.
Ari Ben-Canaan, a Jewish freedom fighter, is recruited by the underground organization, Haganah, to lead the resistance against the British. He is sent to the Palestinian village of Degania, where he meets and falls in love with a young nurse, Kitty Fremont (Eva Marie Saint).
Meanwhile, the British are determined to quell the insurgency and are determined to use all means necessary to do so. As the British military presence increases, so does the resistance. Ari and Kitty are recruited to lead the Jewish struggle and Ari is sent to Jerusalem to negotiate with the British.
The situation escalates as the British begin to use force to suppress the Jewish population. Ari and Kitty are forced to flee and join a group of Jewish refugees on a boat bound for Cyprus.
The refugees are attacked by British warships and Ari is forced to take command of the ship. He leads the refugees on a daring
Where to Watch “Exodus”
If you are wondering where to watch “Exodus”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Exodus” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Exodus” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Exodus