- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The Story of a Father’s Love That Changed a Nation.
- Genres: Drama
- Release Date: 2002-09-30
- Runtime: 92.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: CineEvelyn, United Artists, Buena Vista International
Cast & Crew
Pierce Brosnan, Aidan Quinn, Julianna Margulies, Stephen Rea, John Lynch, Sophie Vavasseur, Alan Bates, Niall Beagan, Hugh McDonagh, Mairead Devlin, Frank Kelly, Clare Mullen, Alvaro Lucchesi, Garrett Keogh, Daithi O’Suilleabhain, Andrea Irvine, Marian Quinn, Karen Ardiff, Bosco Hogan, Des Braiden, Sorcha Herlihy, Lauren Carpenter, Lauren O’Connell, Hugh Grogan, Peter Fowl, Gail Fitzpatrick, Pat McGrath, Mark Lambert, Conor Evans, Eamon Rohan, Alan Barry, Brian McGrath, Mick Nolan, Luke Hayden, Don Foley, Bill Golding, Sally, Stuart Clark
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Evelyn”
Evelyn is a 2002 drama film directed by Bruce Beresford and written by Paul Pender. It is based on the true story of Desmond Doyle, a single father who fought the Irish court system for the right to keep his children.
The film follows Desmond Doyle (Pierce Brosnan), a single father living in Dublin in the 1950s. After his wife abandons the family, Desmond is left to care for his three children, Evelyn (Sophie Vavasseur), Maurice (Alan Bates), and Dermot (Stephen Rea). When the government steps in and declares that Desmond is an unfit parent, the children are taken away and put into orphanages.
Desmond is determined to get his children back and embarks on a legal battle against the government. With the help of his lawyer, Bernadette O’Connor (Julianna Margulies), Desmond fights for the right to keep his children.
Despite the odds, Desmond’s determination and unwavering love for his children eventually leads to a victory. He is able to reunite with his children and the family is able to move on with their lives.
Evelyn is a heartwarming story of a father’s struggle to keep his family together and his never-ending love for his children. It is an uplifting and inspiring tale that will leave viewers with a sense of hope and joy.
Where to Watch “Evelyn”
If you are wondering where to watch “Evelyn”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Evelyn” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Evelyn” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Evelyn