- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Thrilling! Stirring! Spectacular!
- Genres: Drama, History, War
- Release Date: 1939-11-10
- Runtime: 100.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: 20th Century Fox
Cast & Crew
Claudette Colbert, Henry Fonda, Edna May Oliver, Eddie Collins, John Carradine, Dorris Bowdon, Jessie Ralph, Arthur Shields, Robert Lowery, Roger Imhof, Francis Ford, Ward Bond, Kay Linaker, Russell Simpson, Spencer Charters, Si Jenks, Jack Pennick, Arthur Aylesworth, Chief John Big Tree, Charles Tannen, Paul McVey, Tiny Jones, Beulah Hall Jones, Edwin Maxwell, Robert Greig, Clara Blandick, Frank Baker, Ruth Clifford, George Huggins, Noble Johnson, Payne B. Johnson, Mae Marsh, Lionel Pape, Tom Tyler, Clarence Wilson
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Drums Along the Mohawk”
Drums Along the Mohawk is a 1939 American historical drama film directed by John Ford and starring Henry Fonda and Claudette Colbert. The film is set in 1776 during the American Revolutionary War and follows a newlywed couple living on the New York frontier.
The story begins with Gil and Lana Martin, a newly married couple, who have just settled on the New York frontier in the Mohawk Valley. They are soon joined by their neighbor, the elderly and eccentric Mr. McKlennar, who is a Loyalist to the British cause.
The couple soon find themselves in the midst of the Revolutionary War as the British and their Native American allies attack the Mohawk Valley. Amidst the chaos, the Martins must fight to protect their land and home.
The couple soon join forces with the local militia, led by the brave Captain Whipple, to battle the British forces. Together, they must face the dangers of the war, including brutal raids by the Iroquois and the scorched earth tactics of the British.
The Martins also face personal challenges, including the loss of their home and the death of their beloved friend, McKlennar. Despite the odds, the couple remain determined to stay in the Mohawk Valley and fight for their freedom.
The film culminates in a climactic battle between the British and the militia. In the end, the Martins and the militia are victorious, and the couple are reunited
Where to Watch “Drums Along the Mohawk”
If you are wondering where to watch “Drums Along the Mohawk”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Drums Along the Mohawk” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Drums Along the Mohawk” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Drums Along the Mohawk