- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Pass the warning.
- Genres: Thriller, Drama, Horror
- Release Date: 1973-01-18
- Runtime: 110.0 min
- Budget: $1.5 million
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Eldorado Films, Casey Productions
Cast & Crew
Julie Christie, Donald Sutherland, Hilary Mason, Massimo Serato, Clelia Matania, Renato Scarpa, Giorgio Trestini, Leopoldo Trieste, David Tree, Ann Rye, Nicholas Salter, Sharon Williams, Bruno Cattaneo, Adelina Poerio
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Don’t Look Now”
Don’t Look Now is a 1973 British-Italian psychological horror film directed by Nicolas Roeg and starring Donald Sutherland and Julie Christie. The film is based on the short story by Daphne du Maurier.
The story follows John and Laura Baxter, a married couple who are grieving the death of their daughter. In an effort to escape their grief, they travel to Venice, Italy, where John has been hired to restore a church.
In Venice, the couple meets a pair of elderly sisters who claim to be psychic and warn them of danger. John is skeptical, but Laura believes them. Soon after, John begins to experience strange occurrences, including seeing a figure in a red coat who looks like their daughter.
At the same time, a series of murders is taking place in Venice, and John becomes increasingly convinced that he is being followed. He begins to suspect that the figure in the red coat is the killer.
As the couple investigate further, they discover a secret society that worships an ancient deity, and that the figure in the red coat is actually a medium who is trying to communicate with their daughter.
John and Laura eventually confront the killer, and in the process, they come to terms with their daughter’s death. In the end, they are able to move on with their lives, though they are forever changed by the experience.
Where to Watch “Don’t Look Now”
If you are wondering where to watch “Don’t Look Now”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Don’t Look Now” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Don’t Look Now” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Don’t Look Now