- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The birth of extreme
- Genres: Documentary
- Release Date: 2001-01-18
- Runtime: 90.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Agi Orsi Productions, Vans (US)
Cast & Crew
Sean Penn, Jay Adams, Henry Rollins, Steve Caballero, Tony Hawk, Jeff Ament, Tony Alva, Jeff Ho, Jake Phelps, Glen E. Friedman
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Dogtown and Z-Boys”
Dogtown and Z-Boys is a documentary about the group of teenage surfers from the 1970s who revolutionized the world of skateboarding. The movie follows the group, known as the Z-Boys, as they rise from their humble beginnings in the Dogtown neighborhood of Santa Monica, California to become the most influential skateboarders of their generation.
The film begins by introducing the Z-Boys and their unique style of skateboarding, which they developed by combining surfing and skateboarding techniques. It then traces their rise to fame, starting with their first major competition in 1975. The film also chronicles the Z-Boys’ struggles to stay together as a team and their eventual disbandment due to internal disputes.
The film also examines the impact of the Z-Boys on the world of skateboarding, and how their influence continues to be felt today. It includes interviews with the original members of the Z-Boys, as well as other skateboarders, journalists, and filmmakers who have been inspired by the Z-Boys’ legacy.
The film culminates in a reunion of the original Z-Boys in 2001, where they reflect on their experiences and the impact they had on skateboarding. The film ends with a montage of the Z-Boys’ skateboarding footage and a dedication to the original members of the Z-Boys.
Where to Watch “Dogtown and Z-Boys”
If you are wondering where to watch “Dogtown and Z-Boys”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Dogtown and Z-Boys” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Dogtown and Z-Boys” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Dogtown and Z-Boys