- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: He’s Back…and It’s About Time!
- Genres: TV Movie, Adventure, Science Fiction
- Release Date: 1996-05-12
- Runtime: 89.0 min
- Budget: $5.0 million
- Revenue: $42.0 million
- Production Companies: BBC Worldwide, Universal Television
Cast & Crew
Paul McGann, Eric Roberts, Daphne Ashbrook, Sylvester McCoy, Yee Jee Tso, Will Sasso, Dolores Drake, John Novak, Catherine Lough Haggquist, Bill Croft, Michael David Simms, Jeremy Radick, Eliza Roberts, David Hurtubise, Dee Jay Jackson, Gordon Tipple
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Doctor Who”
Doctor Who is a 1996 British science-fiction film based on the long-running British television series of the same name. The film follows the adventures of the Doctor, a time-travelling alien from the planet Gallifrey, as he attempts to save Earth from the forces of evil.
The movie begins with the Doctor (Paul McGann) being summoned to Earth by the mysterious Time Lord, the Master (Eric Roberts). The Master has been manipulating the timelines, creating chaos and destruction throughout the universe. The Doctor is sent to Earth to stop the Master’s plans and save the planet.
Once on Earth, the Doctor meets up with his old companion, Grace (Daphne Ashbrook), who is now a doctor and working in a hospital. The Doctor and Grace must work together to find the Master and prevent him from destroying the Earth.
The Doctor and Grace soon discover that the Master has created a powerful weapon, the Eye of Harmony, which he plans to use to control the universe. The Doctor and Grace must find a way to stop the Master and his weapon before it is too late.
The Doctor and Grace must travel through time and space, facing off against the Master’s minions and allies. Along the way, they encounter a variety of allies, including the robotic K-9 (John Leeson), a mysterious alien called the Doctor’s Daughter (Sophie Aldred), and a shape-shifting alien called the Rani
Where to Watch “Doctor Who”
If you are wondering where to watch “Doctor Who”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Doctor Who” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Doctor Who” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Doctor Who