- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: A house. A past. A secret. Will you dare enter?
- Genres: Horror
- Release Date: 2002-10-11
- Runtime: 102.0 min
- Budget: $10.6 million
- Revenue: $12.2 million
- Production Companies: Vía Digital, Filmax Entertainment, Dimension Films, Castelao Productions
Cast & Crew
Anna Paquin, Lena Olin, Iain Glen, Giancarlo Giannini, Fele Martínez, Fermí Reixach, Stephan Enquist, Francesc Pagès, Craig Stevenson, Carlos Castañón, Carles Punyet, Reg Wilson, Ferran Lahoz, Pedro Antonio Segura, Astrid Fenollar, Robert Forcadell, David Martí
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Darkness”
Darkness is a horror film released in 2002. The movie follows a family who moves into a new home in an isolated rural area. The family consists of the father, John, the mother, Maria, and their two children, Regina and Paul.
The family soon discovers that their new home is haunted by a dark presence. Strange noises and shadows are seen throughout the house. Regina and Paul are especially affected by the presence and begin to experience terrifying nightmares.
John and Maria try to keep the family together and investigate the source of the hauntings. They eventually discover that the house was built on an ancient burial ground and that the dark presence is the spirit of an evil witch who was burned alive centuries ago.
The witch has been seeking revenge on the family for centuries and is now determined to take the lives of Regina and Paul. John and Maria must find a way to protect their children and defeat the witch before it’s too late.
The family must battle the forces of darkness and uncover the secrets of the witch’s past before they can hope to survive this terrifying ordeal. With the help of an old friend, the family must uncover the truth and vanquish the witch once and for all.
Where to Watch “Darkness”
If you are wondering where to watch “Darkness”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Darkness” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Darkness” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Darkness