- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: What Do You Say To A Talking Bomb? All Systems Snafu!!!
- Genres: Comedy, Science Fiction
- Release Date: 1974-04-01
- Runtime: 83.0 min
- Budget: $0.1 million
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: University of Southern California, Jack H. Harris Enterprises
Cast & Crew
Brian Narelle, Cal Kuniholm, Dan O’Bannon, Dre Pahich, Adam Beckenbaugh, Nick Castle, Joe Saunders, Cookie Knapp, Alan Sheretz, John Carpenter, Miles Watkins
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Dark Star”
Dark Star is a science fiction comedy film released in 1974. It follows the adventures of the crew of the Dark Star, a futuristic space cruiser on a mission to destroy unstable planets that are in the way of colonizing other planets.
The movie starts off with the crew of the Dark Star, which consists of four astronauts, Commander Powell (played by Brian Narelle), Boiler (played by Dan O’Bannon), Doolittle (played by Joe Saunders), and Talby (played by Cal Kuniholm). They have been on their mission for several years and are beginning to feel the effects of cabin fever.
The crew is sent to destroy a planet that is inhabited by a race of intelligent aliens. The aliens are pacifists and are against the destruction of their planet. Commander Powell is faced with a moral dilemma and decides to spare the planet.
Meanwhile, the ship’s onboard computer, “Mother”, is malfunctioning and is threatening to destroy the ship. The crew must find a way to fix the computer before it’s too late.
The crew then encounters a giant, mysterious alien life form that is threatening to destroy the ship. The crew must find a way to defeat the alien before it destroys them.
In the end, the crew is able to save the ship and make it back home safely. They have learned valuable lessons about the importance of morality and the power of technology. Dark Star is an entertaining and thought-prov
Where to Watch “Dark Star”
If you are wondering where to watch “Dark Star”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Dark Star” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Dark Star” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Dark Star