- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: In 1985, her entire family was murdered. 30 years later, the truth emerges.
- Genres: Thriller, Mystery, Drama, Crime
- Release Date: 2015-04-08
- Runtime: 113.0 min
- Budget: $20.0 million
- Revenue: $5.1 million
- Production Companies: Denver and Delilah Productions, Mandalay Vision, Exclusive Media, Hugo Productions, Cuatro Plus Films, Da Vinci Media Ventures, Daryl Prince Productions
Cast & Crew
Charlize Theron, Nicholas Hoult, Chloë Grace Moretz, Christina Hendricks, Tye Sheridan, Corey Stoll, Andrea Roth, Sterling Jerins, Shannon Kook, Drea de Matteo, Sean Bridgers, J. LaRose, Jennifer Pierce Mathus, Denise Williamson, Natalie Precht, Madison McGuire, Addy Miller, Jeff Chase, Laura Cayouette, Richard Gunn, Glenn Morshower, Lori Z. Cordova, Michael Crabtree, John F. Daniel, Steve Shearer, Dan Hewitt Owens, Gillian Flynn, Tyler Forrest, Dora Madison, Emily Brobst
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Dark Places”
Dark Places is a psychological thriller directed by Gilles Paquet-Brenner and starring Charlize Theron. The movie follows Libby Day (Theron), a woman who survived the brutal murder of her mother and two sisters when she was just seven years old.
The story begins with Libby Day living a lonely life, struggling to make ends meet. She is approached by a group of amateur investigators called the Kill Club, who believe that her brother Ben, who was convicted of the murder, is innocent. The Kill Club offers Libby money to help them investigate and prove Ben’s innocence.
Libby reluctantly agrees and begins to confront her past, revisiting the people and places that were involved in the crime. She discovers that the people closest to her may have had a much larger role in the crime than she ever realized. She also uncovers a dark secret that could change her life forever.
As the investigation continues, Libby finds herself in danger as she gets closer to the truth. She must confront her own dark past if she is to survive and ultimately find justice for her family.
Dark Places is a gripping thriller that will keep viewers on the edge of their seats. With twists and turns throughout, the movie is sure to keep viewers guessing until the very end.
Where to Watch “Dark Places”
If you are wondering where to watch “Dark Places”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Dark Places” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Dark Places” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Dark Places