- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Sometimes there’s nothing left to do but laugh!
- Genres: Thriller, Comedy, Drama
- Release Date: 1966-06-17
- Runtime: 112.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Tekli British Productions
Cast & Crew
Lionel Stander, Donald Pleasence, Françoise Dorléac, Jack MacGowran, Iain Quarrier, Jacqueline Bisset, Renée Houston, William Franklyn, Geoffrey Sumner, Robert Dorning, Marie Kean, Trevor Delaney
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Cul-de-sac”
Cul-de-sac is a 1966 British black comedy directed by Roman Polanski. It follows two criminals, Richard and Claire, who have escaped from a botched robbery and are hiding out in a remote castle on the English coast.
The castle is owned by Donald and Teresa, a childless couple who are struggling to make ends meet. Donald is a former army officer who has taken to drinking, while Teresa is a fragile woman who is trying to cope with her husband’s depression.
The criminals soon discover that the castle is also home to a strange cast of characters, including a mute girl, a mysterious young man, and a mentally-ill woman. Richard and Claire take advantage of the situation and begin to manipulate the castle’s inhabitants in order to get what they want.
As the story progresses, the castle’s inhabitants become increasingly suspicious of the criminals and tensions begin to rise. Richard and Claire’s relationship also begins to unravel as they find themselves in a desperate situation.
The climax of the film sees the castle’s inhabitants finally confront the criminals, leading to a violent and chaotic showdown. In the end, the criminals are defeated and the castle’s inhabitants are finally able to move on with their lives.
Where to Watch “Cul-de-sac”
If you are wondering where to watch “Cul-de-sac”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Cul-de-sac” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Cul-de-sac” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Cul-de-sac