- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Cold in July
- Genres: Drama, Thriller
- Release Date: 2014-05-23
- Runtime: 109.0
- Revenue: $0.4 million
- Production Companies: Backup Media, Paradise City, BSM Studio, Bullet Pictures
Cast & Crew
Michael C. Hall, Don Johnson, Sam Shepard, Vinessa Shaw, Nick Damici, Wyatt Russell, Lanny Flaherty, Brianda Agramonte, Tim Lajcik, Brogan Hall, Ken Holmes, Rachel Zeiger, Haag, Kristin Griffith, Laurent Rejto, Joe Lanza, Kris Eivers, Happy Anderson, Joseph Anthony Jerez, Joseph Harrell, Soraya Butler, Gregory Russell Cook, Bill Sage
Cold in July is a 2014 American neo-noir crime drama film directed by Jim Mickle, based on the 1989 novel of the same name by Joe R. Lansdale. The film stars Michael C. Hall, Sam Shepard, and Don Johnson, and follows a Texas man who kills an intruder in self-defense and then finds himself in conflict with a dangerous ex-convict who is connected to the dead man.
The film opens with Richard Dane (Michael C. Hall), a mild-mannered family man, shooting an intruder in his home in the middle of the night. After the police arrive, Richard is exonerated and the intruder is identified as a wanted felon. Soon after, Richard is visited by the intruder’s father, Ben (Sam Shepard), a grizzled, vengeful ex-convict. Ben is determined to find out why his son was killed and to get revenge.
Richard is forced to confront his own fears and prejudices as he and Ben become entangled in a dangerous game of cat-and-mouse. Richard must also contend with a shady private investigator, Jim Bob (Don Johnson), who is determined to uncover the truth about the intruder’s death. As the stakes grow higher,
How & Where to Watch “Cold in July”
Wondering where to watch Cold in July?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming Cold in July.
Note: If you are not able to find any streaming platform listed above, it could be because of the regional restriction or because the title is actually not available on any of the platform.
Here’s how to watch it if it is not available in your country.
Unlock “Cold in July” & Watch it Anywhere in the World with VPN
Not able to find “Cold in July” in your region?
We’ve got a solution – use a VPN like CyberGhost or Nordvpn.
Why Should You Use a VPN?
A VPN does not just keep your internet browsing safe and private, it also unlocks unlimited content that might otherwise be restricted in your region. So, you can access and enjoy various shows and movies on platforms like Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and Prime Video.
A VPN works by changing your IP address with one from a different region. This way, it seems like you’re browsing from that region, and voila – you can bypass regional blocks.
Top Reasons to Stream with a VPN:
- Access Geo-restricted Content: With a VPN, you can watch movies and shows from all over the world and not just those available in your region.
- Data Protection: A VPN protects your data from potential threats helping you keep your personal details safe.
- No More Slow Streaming: Some internet service providers might slow your connection during high-demand streaming times. A VPN helps you avoid this, ensuring smooth streaming.
We recommend CyberGhost and NordVPN – two of the most trusted names in the VPN industry.
Special VPN Offer:
- CyberGhost is offering our readers a 45-day money-back guarantee plus a Whopping 82% discount.
- NordVPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a special 63% discount.
Recommended Movies similar to Cold in July