- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Discover the love of a lifetime.
- Genres: Drama, Romance
- Release Date: 2007-09-14
- Runtime: 118.0 min
- Budget: $23.0 million
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: CTR, Spinster, Prospero Pictures
Cast & Crew
Shirley MacLaine, Christopher Plummer, Pete Postlethwaite, Martin McCann, Neve Campbell, Allan Hawco, Stephen Amell, Mischa Barton, Gregory Smith, David Alpay, John Travers, Dylan Roberts, Brenda Fricker, Gene Dinovi, Chris Benson, George Shane, Kirsty Stuart, Marie Jones, Alec McClure, Susie Kelly
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Closing the Ring”
Closing the Ring is a romantic drama set in two time periods, World War II and modern-day. It follows the story of a young woman named Ethel Ann (Mischa Barton) who discovers a mysterious ring while cleaning out her grandmother’s attic. She learns that the ring belonged to a soldier who died in World War II and sets out to uncover the mystery behind it.
The story then flashes back to the 1940s, where we meet a young man named Teddy (Shane West) who falls in love with Ethel Ann’s grandmother, Mary (Piper Perabo). They plan to marry, but Teddy is sent off to fight in the war before they can. In present day, Ethel Ann discovers that the ring was a symbol of Teddy’s and Mary’s love and sets out to find Teddy’s family.
Meanwhile, Ethel Ann’s own love life is in turmoil. She is torn between her attraction to her childhood friend, Jack (Christopher Egan), and her more sophisticated boyfriend, Alan (Stephen Amell). As Ethel Ann searches for Teddy’s family, her own relationships become more complicated.
Ethel Ann eventually finds Teddy’s family, who tell her the story of how Teddy and Mary were separated and how Teddy died in the war. Ethel Ann is moved by their story and decides to give them the ring as a symbol of their love.
Closing the Ring is a touching story of
Where to Watch “Closing the Ring”
If you are wondering where to watch “Closing the Ring”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Closing the Ring” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Closing the Ring” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Closing the Ring