- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline:
- Genres: Documentary
- Release Date: 2014-10-10
- Runtime: 114.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: $3.0 million
- Production Companies: Participant, HBO Documentary Films, RADiUS, TWC, Praxis Films, JustFilms / Ford Foundation, The Bertha Foundation
Cast & Crew
Edward Snowden, Glenn Greenwald, Laura Poitras, William Binney, Barack Obama, Jacob Appelbaum, Julian Assange, Jeremy Scahill, Kevin Bankston, Ewen MacAskill, Lindsay Mills
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Citizenfour”
Citizenfour is a 2014 documentary film directed by Laura Poitras. It follows the story of Edward Snowden, a former National Security Agency (NSA) employee who leaked classified information to the press about the NSA’s extensive surveillance activities.
The film starts off with a series of video messages sent by Snowden to Poitras, in which he reveals his identity and reveals his motivation for leaking the information. He explains that he wants to expose the government’s unconstitutional surveillance of US citizens and the world at large.
The film then follows Snowden as he meets with Poitras and journalist Glenn Greenwald in Hong Kong, and they discuss the documents he has provided. It also follows Poitras and Greenwald as they travel to various countries to meet with other journalists and discuss the documents.
The film also includes interviews with government officials and other experts who discuss the implications of the documents and the legality of the NSA’s activities. The film culminates with the US government’s response to the revelations and the global debate that followed.
Citizenfour is an important and timely documentary that sheds light on the power of the US government and the importance of privacy and freedom of information. It is a must-see for anyone interested in the implications of government surveillance and the power of the press.
Where to Watch “Citizenfour”
If you are wondering where to watch “Citizenfour”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Citizenfour” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Citizenfour” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Citizenfour