- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Terrific as all creation!
- Genres: Drama, Western, History
- Release Date: 1931-01-26
- Runtime: 123.0 min
- Budget: $1.4 million
- Revenue: $1.4 million
- Production Companies: RKO Radio Pictures
Cast & Crew
Richard Dix, Irene Dunne, Estelle Taylor, Nance O’Neil, William Collier Jr.-Roscoe Ates, George E. Stone, Stanley Fields, Robert McWade, Edna May Oliver, Judith Barrett, Eugene Jackson, Max Barwyn, Heinie Conklin, Edith Fellows, Otto Hoffman, William Janney, Bob Kortman, Frank Lackteen, Ethan Laidlaw, Dennis O’Keefe, Helen Parrish, Carl Stockdale, Arthur Tovey
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Cimarron”
Cimarron is a 1931 American epic Western drama film directed by Wesley Ruggles and starring Richard Dix and Irene Dunne. The film is based on the Edna Ferber novel Cimarron, which won the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction in 1931.
The film follows the story of Yancey Cravat, a former newspaper editor from Oklahoma, and his wife, Sabra, as they travel to the Oklahoma Territory in 1889. Yancey is determined to establish a newspaper and bring civilization to the wild frontier, while Sabra is determined to make their home a success.
The Cravats soon find themselves in the midst of a land rush, and they must compete with other settlers to stake their claim. Yancey and Sabra also find themselves caught up in the political and social struggles of the time, including the battle between the cattlemen and farmers, the rise of the Ku Klux Klan, and the struggle for statehood.
Along the way, Yancey and Sabra find themselves in the middle of a range war, in which Yancey must confront his own past. As Yancey and Sabra fight to make their dreams come true, they must also confront the harsh realities of life in the West.
Cimarron is a sweeping and powerful story of courage, determination, and the American spirit. It is a story of a family’s struggle to survive in a harsh land, and of the courage
Where to Watch “Cimarron”
If you are wondering where to watch “Cimarron”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Cimarron” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Cimarron” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Cimarron