- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: From the author of Fight Club
- Genres: Comedy, Drama
- Release Date: 2008-09-26
- Runtime: 92.0 min
- Budget: $3.0 million
- Revenue: $4.0 million
- Production Companies: Fox Searchlight Pictures, Choke Film, Dune Entertainment III, Aramid Entertainment Fund, Contrafilm, ATO Pictures
Cast & Crew
Sam Rockwell, Anjelica Huston, Kelly Macdonald, Brad William Henke, Clark Gregg, Bijou Phillips, Gillian Jacobs, Jonah Bobo, Paz de la Huerta, Viola Harris, Joel Grey, Heather Burns, Matt Gerald, David Fonteno, Kate Blumberg, Matt Malloy, Isiah Whitlock Jr.-Mary B. McCann, Peggy Pope, Suzanne Shepherd, Judith Roberts, Yolonda Ross, Teodorina Bello, Michelle Hurst, Jen Jones, David Shumbris, Chuck Palahniuk
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Choke”
Choke is a 2008 dark comedy film, written and directed by Clark Gregg, based on the novel of the same name by Chuck Palahniuk.
The film follows Victor Mancini (Sam Rockwell), a medical-school dropout who works as a historical re-enactor at a Colonial-era theme park and moonlights as a sex addict. To support his mother, Ida (Anjelica Huston), an Alzheimer’s patient in a hospital, Victor cons people by intentionally choking at restaurants to get money from his “saviors”.
Victor’s life is further complicated when he meets Dr. Paige Marshall (Kelly Macdonald), a therapist who believes she can cure him of his sex addiction. At the same time, Victor discovers that his mother may have a different past than he had been led to believe.
The story follows Victor as he navigates his complicated relationships with his mother, Dr. Marshall, and the other people in his life, while struggling to make sense of his own past and future. As he gets closer to the truth about his mother, Victor must confront his own issues in order to move forward.
Choke is a darkly comic exploration of identity, family, and redemption, and ultimately, a story of hope.
Where to Watch “Choke”
If you are wondering where to watch “Choke”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Choke” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Choke” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Choke