- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Demented Forever!
- Genres: Thriller, Comedy, Crime
- Release Date: 2000-05-17
- Runtime: 87.0 min
- Budget: $10.0 million
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Canal+-Artic Productions LLC, Polar Entertainment Corporation
Cast & Crew
Melanie Griffith, Stephen Dorff, Alicia Witt, Adrian Grenier, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Lawrence Gilliard Jr.-Jack Noseworthy, Michael Shannon, Harry Dodge, Eric Barry, Zenzele Uzoma, Erika Auchterlonie, Mink Stole, Ricki Lake, Kevin Nealon, Patricia Hearst, Eric Roberts, Roseanne Barr, Ray Felton, John Michaelson, Jewel Orem, Rosemary Knower, Doug Roberts, John Waters, Mary Vivian Pearce, Channing Wilroy, Patsy Grady Abrams
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Cecil B. Demented”
Cecil B. Demented is a 2000 American comedy-drama film written and directed by John Waters. The film follows a group of renegade filmmakers, led by the eccentric Cecil B. Demented (Stephen Dorff), as they attempt to kidnap a famous Hollywood actress (Melanie Griffith) and force her to star in their underground movie.
The film opens with a bang as Cecil and his gang of misfits, the Sprocket Holes, stage a daring heist at a movie premiere. They kidnap the famous actress Honey Whitlock (Melanie Griffith) and take her to their secret hideout. Honey is initially horrified by the kidnapping, but soon finds herself drawn into Cecil’s world of independent filmmaking.
At the hideout, Cecil and his crew set to work on their guerrilla-style movie, which is a satire of the Hollywood system. As the movie progresses, Honey is gradually won over by Cecil’s enthusiasm and his passion for making movies. She begins to understand his mission and even finds herself becoming attracted to him.
Meanwhile, the police are hot on the trail of Cecil and his gang. They enlist the help of Honey’s agent (Alicia Witt) and her assistant (Adrian Grenier), as well as an eccentric private detective (Alicia Silverstone) to help them track down the renegade filmmakers.
As the police close in, Cecil and his crew put all their efforts into completing their
Where to Watch “Cecil B. Demented”
If you are wondering where to watch “Cecil B. Demented”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Cecil B. Demented” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Cecil B. Demented” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Cecil B. Demented