- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The spark that ignites us, unites us.
- Genres: Action, Drama, Thriller
- Release Date: 2006-10-27
- Runtime: 101.0 min
- Budget: $14.0 million
- Revenue: $5.7 million
- Production Companies: StudioCanal, Mirage Enterprises, Working Title Films
Cast & Crew
Tim Robbins, Derek Luke, Bonnie Mbuli, Mncedisi Shabangu, Tumisho Masha, Sithembiso Khumalo, Terry Pheto, Michele Burgers, Mpho Lovinga, Jay Anstey, Charlotte Savage, Nomhlé Nkyonyeni, Susan Danford, Michael Mabizela, Erno Van Dyk, Marius Weyers, Eduan van Jaarsveldt, Nomhle Nkonyeni, Robert Hobbs
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Catch a Fire”
Catch a Fire is a 2006 biographical thriller directed by Phillip Noyce and starring Tim Robbins and Derek Luke. The film tells the story of Patrick Chamusso, a South African man who is falsely accused of terrorism and is forced to go on the run in order to clear his name.
The story begins in 1980s South Africa, a country that is divided by Apartheid and where political dissent is harshly suppressed. Patrick Chamusso (Derek Luke) is an apolitical family man who works as a foreman at a petroleum refinery. After a bomb explodes at the refinery, the South African Security Police (SAP) accuse Patrick of being involved in the bombing and he is arrested and tortured.
With the help of his lawyer, Patrick is eventually released, but he is still under suspicion and is constantly harassed and threatened by the SAP. Desperate to clear his name, Patrick decides to go on the run and joins a group of guerilla fighters in the African National Congress (ANC).
As Patrick learns to fight and becomes a leader in the ANC, he also finds himself in conflict with Nic Vos (Tim Robbins), a South African Security Police colonel who is determined to catch Patrick and put him back in jail. In a thrilling climax, Patrick and Nic face off in a battle of wills, with Patrick’s freedom and his family’s safety hanging in the balance.
Catch a Fire is an intense and action-packed story
Where to Watch “Catch a Fire”
If you are wondering where to watch “Catch a Fire”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Catch a Fire” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Catch a Fire” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Catch a Fire