- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Outnumbered – unarmed – unprepared – they stunned the world with their incredible victory!
- Genres: War
- Release Date: 1966-03-30
- Runtime: 146.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Bryna Productions, Batjac Productions, Llenroc Productions, The Mirisch Company
Cast & Crew
Kirk Douglas, John Wayne, Senta Berger, Angie Dickinson, James Donald, Yul Brynner, Frank Sinatra, Stathis Giallelis, Luther Adler, Gordon Jackson, Topol, Ruth White, Michael Hordern, Allan Cuthbertson, Jeremy Kemp, Sean Barrett, Michael Shillo, Rina Ganor, Roland Bartrop, Robert Gardett, Michael Balston, Michael Douglas, Claude Aliotti, Samra Dedes, Micha Shagrir, Frank Latimore, Ken Buckle, Rod Dana, Robert Ross, Arthur Hansel, Dan Sturkie, Hillel Rave, Shlomo Hermon
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Cast a Giant Shadow”
Cast a Giant Shadow is a 1966 American epic war drama film starring Kirk Douglas, Senta Berger, John Wayne, Frank Sinatra, Yul Brynner, and Angie Dickinson. Directed by Melville Shavelson and produced by David L. Wolper, the film is based on the life of the late Major General David “Mickey” Marcus, who was an American soldier who volunteered to help the newly formed Israeli Defense Forces during the 1948 Arab-Israeli War.
The movie starts with a brief introduction to the life of Major General David Marcus, a decorated World War II veteran who is now living a peaceful life in the United States. He is approached by his old friend and former commander, Colonel Mickey Stone, who has been asked by the new Israeli government to help them form an army to defend themselves against the Arab nations. Despite his initial reluctance, Marcus agrees to go and help the Israelis.
Once in Israel, Marcus quickly takes charge of the rag-tag group of soldiers and helps them to become a formidable fighting force. He is also able to secure a large shipment of weapons from the United States, which helps the Israeli forces gain the upper hand against the Arab forces.
However, the Arab forces are not easily defeated and the war drags on for months, with both sides suffering heavy casualties. Meanwhile, Marcus is forced to contend with the politics of the war, as well as the personal issues of his own life, including his strained
Where to Watch “Cast a Giant Shadow”
If you are wondering where to watch “Cast a Giant Shadow”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Cast a Giant Shadow” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Cast a Giant Shadow” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Cast a Giant Shadow