- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: In Cold Blood.
- Genres: Crime, Drama
- Release Date: 2005-09-30
- Runtime: 114.0 min
- Budget: $7.0 million
- Revenue: $49.3 million
- Production Companies: Cooper’s Town Productions, Infinity Media, A, Line Pictures, Eagle Vision
Cast & Crew
Philip Seymour Hoffman, Catherine Keener, Clifton Collins Jr.-Bruce Greenwood, Bob Balaban, Mark Pellegrino, Marshall Bell, Amy Ryan, Bess Meyer, Chris Cooper, Allie Mickelson, Craig Archibald, Bronwen Coleman, Kate Shindle, David Wilson Barnes, Michael J. Burg, Kwesi Ameyaw, Andrew Farago, Kelci Stephenson, C. Ernst Harth, Kjartan Hewitt, Nazariy Demkowicz
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Capote”
Capote is a biographical drama film about the life of the American author Truman Capote. It follows the writer as he researches and writes his masterpiece, In Cold Blood.
The film begins in 1959, when Capote (Philip Seymour Hoffman) is invited to Kansas by his childhood friend, Harper Lee (Catherine Keener), to investigate the murder of a family of four. He is accompanied by his friend and lover, Jack Dunphy (Bruce Greenwood). As Capote interviews locals and investigates the crime, he discovers that the two murderers, Perry Smith (Clifton Collins Jr.) and Richard Hickock (Mark Pellegrino), are still at large.
Capote develops a relationship with Perry and visits him in prison, where he begins to understand the depth of his crime and his motivations. Meanwhile, Capote is struggling to keep his book on track, as his relationship with Jack begins to unravel.
As Capote works on the book, he begins to feel a deep empathy for Perry and Richard, and starts to question his own morality. He eventually comes to the realization that he must write the truth, even if it means sacrificing his own reputation and relationships.
When the book is finally published, it is an instant success and Capote is celebrated as a literary genius. However, the fame and recognition come at a price, as Capote must confront the consequences of his actions and the emotional toll it has taken on him.
Where to Watch “Capote”
If you are wondering where to watch “Capote”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Capote” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Capote” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Capote