- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Candy
- Genres: Drama, Romance
- Release Date: 2006-05-25
- Runtime: 116.0
- Revenue: $2.1 million
- Production Companies: Film Finance Group, New South Wales Film & Television Office, Renaissance Films, Paradigm Hyde Films
Cast & Crew
Abbie Cornish, Heath Ledger, Geoffrey Rush, Tom Budge, Roberto Meza, Mont, Tony Martin, Noni Hazlehurst, Tara Morice, Adrienne Pickering, Nathaniel Dean, Paul Blackwell, Damon Herriman, John McNeill, Jason Chan, Tim McKenzie, Luke Davies
Candy is a 2006 Australian romantic drama film directed by Neil Armfield and written by Luke Davies, based on Davies’ 1998 novel Candy: A Novel of Love and Addiction. The film stars Heath Ledger, Abbie Cornish, Geoffrey Rush, and Tom Budge.
The story follows the tumultuous relationship between two young lovers, Candy (Cornish) and Dan (Ledger), who become addicted to heroin. After meeting in a nightclub, the two quickly fall in love and move in together. However, their relationship is soon tested by their growing addiction to heroin. Despite their best attempts to get clean, they find themselves unable to break free from their addiction. As their relationship deteriorates, they find themselves increasingly isolated and desperate for a way out.
The film explores the destructive power of addiction and the devastating effects it can have on relationships. With a powerful performance by Ledger and Cornish, the film is an unflinching look at the complexities of love and addiction.
How & Where to Watch “Candy”
Wondering where to watch Candy?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming Candy.
Note: If you are not able to find any streaming platform listed above, it could be because of the regional restriction or because the title is actually not available on any of the platform.
Here’s how to watch it if it is not available in your country.
Unlock “Candy” & Watch it Anywhere in the World with VPN
Not able to find “Candy” in your region?
We’ve got a solution – use a VPN like CyberGhost or Nordvpn.
Why Should You Use a VPN?
A VPN does not just keep your internet browsing safe and private, it also unlocks unlimited content that might otherwise be restricted in your region. So, you can access and enjoy various shows and movies on platforms like Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and Prime Video.
A VPN works by changing your IP address with one from a different region. This way, it seems like you’re browsing from that region, and voila – you can bypass regional blocks.
Top Reasons to Stream with a VPN:
- Access Geo-restricted Content: With a VPN, you can watch movies and shows from all over the world and not just those available in your region.
- Data Protection: A VPN protects your data from potential threats helping you keep your personal details safe.
- No More Slow Streaming: Some internet service providers might slow your connection during high-demand streaming times. A VPN helps you avoid this, ensuring smooth streaming.
We recommend CyberGhost and NordVPN – two of the most trusted names in the VPN industry.
Special VPN Offer:
- CyberGhost is offering our readers a 45-day money-back guarantee plus a Whopping 82% discount.
- NordVPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a special 63% discount.
Recommended Movies similar to Candy