- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Life is a Cabaret.
- Genres: Music, Drama, Romance
- Release Date: 1972-02-13
- Runtime: 124.0 min
- Budget: $6.0 million
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Allied Artists Pictures, ABC Pictures
Cast & Crew
Liza Minnelli, Michael York, Helmut Griem, Joel Grey, Fritz Wepper, Marisa Berenson, Elisabeth Neumann, Viertel, Helen Vita, Sigrid von Richthofen, Gerd Vespermann, Ralf Wolter, Georg Hartmann, Ricky Renée, Estrongo Nachama, Kathryn Doby, Inge Jaeger, Angelika Koch, Helen Velkovorska, Gitta Schmidt, Louise Quick, Pierre Franckh, Ellen Umlauf, Oliver Collignon
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Cabaret”
Cabaret is a musical drama released in 1972 that follows the life of Sally Bowles (Liza Minnelli), a young English cabaret singer living in Berlin during the early 1930s. She meets an American writer named Brian Roberts (Michael York) and falls in love with him.
At the same time, Sally’s life is complicated by the rise of the Nazi Party in Germany. She is surrounded by people who are sympathetic to the Nazis, including her lover, Maximilian von Heune (Helmut Griem). Despite the tension, Sally continues to perform at the Kit Kat Klub, where she is the star attraction.
Brian begins to write a novel about his experiences in Berlin, and Sally encourages him to stay and write. However, the political situation in Germany continues to worsen, and the Nazis begin to take control of the city.
The Kit Kat Klub is forced to close its doors, and Sally is forced to flee the city with Brian. They eventually make their way to Paris, but the Nazis follow them. Sally and Brian are eventually captured and sent back to Berlin.
Sally is sent to a concentration camp, and Brian is sent to a labor camp. Despite the odds, Sally manages to survive and eventually reunites with Brian. After the war ends, Sally and Brian return to the Kit Kat Klub, where Sally resumes her career as a cabaret singer.
The movie ends with Sally and Brian
Where to Watch “Cabaret”
If you are wondering where to watch “Cabaret”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Cabaret” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Cabaret” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Cabaret