- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: A comedy about sex, power and spreading the wealth.
- Genres: Comedy
- Release Date: 2011-09-04
- Runtime: 90.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: $0.2 million
- Production Companies: Michael De Luca Productions, Vandalia Films
Cast & Crew
Hugh Jackman, Jennifer Garner, Ty Burrell, Olivia Wilde, Alicia Silverstone, Rob Corddry, Ashley Greene, Pruitt Taylor Vince, Kristen Schaal, Phyllis Smith, Yara Shahidi, Garrett Schenck, Judy Leavell, Joe Chrest, Deana Ricks, Kelly Tippens, Dodie Brown, Brett Hill, Mark Oliver, Cindy Creekmore, Jeanne Evans, Corena Chase, Jason Yudoff, Andrew Daly, Heather Cates, Gavin Casalegno
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Butter”
Butter is a 2011 comedy-drama film directed by Jim Field Smith. The film follows the story of a young orphan girl named Destiny (Yara Shahidi) who is taken in by a kind-hearted foster family in Iowa.
The film begins with Destiny being taken in by the foster family, the Thompsons, who are a middle-class family living in a small town. They are struggling financially, and Destiny quickly becomes a valuable part of the family. She is also a talented butter sculptor, and her skills are quickly noticed by the local community.
At the same time, a wealthy woman named Laura Pickler (Jennifer Garner) learns of Destiny’s talent and decides to enter her in the annual butter sculpture contest. Laura is determined to win the contest, no matter the cost, and she begins to manipulate Destiny in order to make sure she wins.
The competition heats up as the other contestants, including a young boy named Ethan (Ty Burrell) and his grandmother (Holland Taylor), begin to realize the lengths that Laura is willing to go to in order to win. As the competition intensifies, the Thompsons begin to realize that their foster daughter is the key to their financial security, and they begin to pressure her to win the competition.
The competition culminates in a climactic butter sculpture showdown between Destiny and Laura. In the end, Destiny triumphs, and the Thompsons are able to use the prize money
Where to Watch “Butter”
If you are wondering where to watch “Butter”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Butter” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Butter” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Butter