- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Up the ancient stairs, behind the locked door, something lives, something evil, from which no one has ever returned.
- Genres: Horror, Thriller, Mystery
- Release Date: 1976-10-18
- Runtime: 116.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: United Artists, PEA, Dan Curtis Productions
Cast & Crew
Karen Black, Oliver Reed, Burgess Meredith, Bette Davis, Eileen Heckart, Lee Montgomery, Dub Taylor, Joseph Riley, Todd Turquand, Orin Cannon, Jim Myers, Anthony James
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Burnt Offerings”
Burnt Offerings is a 1976 American horror film directed by Dan Curtis and starring Karen Black, Oliver Reed, Bette Davis, Burgess Meredith, and Lee H. Montgomery.
The film follows a family who moves into a large, old mansion for the summer. The family consists of Ben and Marian Rolf (Reed and Black), their son Davey (Montgomery), and their aunt Elizabeth (Davis). Soon after arriving, they begin to experience strange and supernatural occurrences.
The family soon finds out that the house is inhabited by the spirit of a woman who died in the house many years ago. She is seeking revenge for her death and is slowly draining the life force from the family members. Ben and Marian start to become obsessed with the house and its secrets, while Davey is terrorized by a strange figure in the house.
Elizabeth eventually discovers the truth about the house and the woman who died there. She also discovers that the house is haunted by the woman’s husband. He is determined to keep the family in the house and use them to keep his wife’s spirit alive.
The family must fight against the supernatural forces and the husband’s dark intentions to escape the house alive. As the family struggles to remain in control of their own destiny, they must confront the evil that lurks within the walls of the mansion.
Burnt Offerings is a classic horror film that combines elements of suspense, mystery, and the supernatural
Where to Watch “Burnt Offerings”
If you are wondering where to watch “Burnt Offerings”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Burnt Offerings” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Burnt Offerings” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Burnt Offerings