- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Welcome to a family that will make yours seem tame
- Genres: Adventure, Comedy, Family
- Release Date: 1997-06-06
- Runtime: 84.0 min
- Budget: $25.0 million
- Revenue: $10.1 million
- Production Companies: Columbia Pictures, The Jim Henson Company, Jim Henson Pictures, American Zoetrope
Cast & Crew
Rene Russo, Robbie Coltrane, Alan Cumming, Irma P. Hall, Paul Reubens, John Aylward, Mimi Kennedy, Philip Baker Hall, Dane Cook, Michael Reid MacKay, John Ennis, Frank Welker, Gary A. Hecker, Frank Collison, Al ‘Red Dog’ Weber
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Buddy”
Buddy is a 1997 American comedy-drama film directed by Caroline Thompson. The film stars Rene Russo as a successful businesswoman named Sally, who is struggling to find a balance between her professional life and her personal life.
Sally is a successful businesswoman in New York City who has a demanding job and a busy lifestyle. She is single, and her life is filled with work and social activities, leaving little time for her personal life. One day, Sally meets a homeless man named Buddy (Robbie Coltrane) and takes him in. Despite his rough exterior, Sally quickly discovers that Buddy is a kind and gentle soul.
As Sally and Buddy grow closer, she begins to realize that he is the missing piece in her life. Although she is initially hesitant to open up to him, she eventually allows Buddy to become a part of her life. With his help, Sally learns to let go of her stress and enjoy life more. Through their friendship, Sally discovers that there is more to life than just work and success.
Meanwhile, Buddy’s past is slowly revealed. He was once a successful businessman who had it all, but he lost it all when his wife died. He is now trying to find his place in the world and Sally helps him to do that.
The film follows Sally and Buddy’s journey as they learn to open up to each other and discover the joys of life. In the end, they both learn the
Where to Watch “Buddy”
If you are wondering where to watch “Buddy”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Buddy” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Buddy” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Buddy