- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: More howls than you can shake a shiver at!!!
- Genres: Comedy, Horror
- Release Date: 1948-06-15
- Runtime: 83.0 min
- Budget: $0.8 million
- Revenue: $4.8 million
- Production Companies: Universal Pictures, Universal International Pictures
Cast & Crew
Bud Abbott, Lou Costello, Lon Chaney Jr.-Bela Lugosi, Glenn Strange, Lenore Aubert, Jane Randolph, Frank Ferguson, Charles Bradstreet, George Barton, Vincent Price, Bobby Barber, Joe Kirk, Harry Brown, Howard Negley, Carl Sklover, Helen Spring, Paul Stader, Clarence Straight, Joe Walls
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Bud Abbott and Lou Costello Meet Frankenstein”
Bud Abbott and Lou Costello Meet Frankenstein is a classic 1948 comedy horror film directed by Charles Barton, and starring the iconic comedy duo of Bud Abbott and Lou Costello.
The movie starts off with Bud and Lou working at a train station, where they are introduced to a mysterious stranger, who turns out to be a doctor named Gustav Niemann (Bela Lugosi). Niemann is transporting two crates, one containing a mysterious monster, and the other containing the remains of a recently deceased woman.
The duo soon discover that the monster is actually Frankenstein’s Monster, and that Niemann is an evil scientist intent on reviving the monster and using it to take over the world.
Meanwhile, a pair of bumbling detectives, Chick Young and Wilbur Grey, are hot on the trail of Niemann, believing he is responsible for the recent murders of several young women.
Eventually, the detectives catch up with Niemann and his monster, and a showdown ensues. Bud and Lou manage to outwit Niemann and his minions, and ultimately save the day.
The movie is a classic blend of horror and comedy, as Bud and Lou are faced with a variety of comical and terrifying situations. It’s a great example of the classic horror-comedy genre, and a must-see for any fan of Abbott and Costello.
Where to Watch “Bud Abbott and Lou Costello Meet Frankenstein”
If you are wondering where to watch “Bud Abbott and Lou Costello Meet Frankenstein”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Bud Abbott and Lou Costello Meet Frankenstein” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Bud Abbott and Lou Costello Meet Frankenstein” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Bud Abbott and Lou Costello Meet Frankenstein