- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Boys Don’t Cry
- Genres: Crime, Drama
- Release Date: 1999-09-02
- Runtime: 118.0
- Budget: $2.0 million
- Revenue: $11.5 million
- Production Companies: Fox Searchlight Pictures, The Independent Film Channel Productions, IFC Films, Killer Films, Hart, Sharp Entertainment
Cast & Crew
Hilary Swank, Chloë Sevigny, Peter Sarsgaard, Brendan Sexton III, Alicia Goranson, Alison Folland, Jeannetta Arnette, Rob Campbell, Matt McGrath, Cheyenne Rushing, Robert Prentiss, Josh Ridgway, Craig Erickson, Stephanie Sechrist, Jerry Haynes, Lou Perryman, Lisa Renee Wilson, Jackson D. Kane, Joseph Gibson, Michael Tripp, Shana McClendon, Libby Villari, Paige Carl Griggs, Gail Cronauer, Guilford Adams, Christophe Dahlkvist, Taylor Eaves, Michelle Fairbanks, Gabriel Horn, Gavin Perry, Robert A. Steffenino, Caitlin Wehrle
Boys Don’t Cry is a 1999 American biographical drama film directed by Kimberly Pierce and co-written by Pierce and Andy Bienen. The film is based on the real-life story of Brandon Teena, a transgender man played in the film by Hilary Swank, who attempts to find himself and love in Nebraska but falls victim to a brutal hate crime perpetrated by two male acquaintances.
The film follows the story of Brandon Teena, a transgender man who moves to a small town in Nebraska looking for a fresh start. He soon finds himself in a relationship with a young woman named Lana, and is welcomed into her circle of friends. However, when the town discovers Brandon’s true identity, they turn against him and his relationship with Lana is put to the test.
The film explores themes of identity, acceptance, and love in the face of prejudice and violence. It is a powerful story about the strength of the human spirit in the face of adversity. Hilary Swank’s performance as Brandon Teena was widely praised, and she won an Academy Award for Best Actress for her role.
Boys Don’t Cry is a heartbreaking and powerful film that is sure to stay with viewers long after the credits
How & Where to Watch “Boys Don’t Cry”
Wondering where to watch Boys Don’t Cry?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming Boys Don’t Cry.
Note: If you are not able to find any streaming platform listed above, it could be because of the regional restriction or because the title is actually not available on any of the platform.
Here’s how to watch it if it is not available in your country.
Unlock “Boys Don’t Cry” & Watch it Anywhere in the World with VPN
Not able to find “Boys Don’t Cry” in your region?
We’ve got a solution – use a VPN like CyberGhost or Nordvpn.
Why Should You Use a VPN?
A VPN does not just keep your internet browsing safe and private, it also unlocks unlimited content that might otherwise be restricted in your region. So, you can access and enjoy various shows and movies on platforms like Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and Prime Video.
A VPN works by changing your IP address with one from a different region. This way, it seems like you’re browsing from that region, and voila – you can bypass regional blocks.
Top Reasons to Stream with a VPN:
- Access Geo-restricted Content: With a VPN, you can watch movies and shows from all over the world and not just those available in your region.
- Data Protection: A VPN protects your data from potential threats helping you keep your personal details safe.
- No More Slow Streaming: Some internet service providers might slow your connection during high-demand streaming times. A VPN helps you avoid this, ensuring smooth streaming.
We recommend CyberGhost and NordVPN – two of the most trusted names in the VPN industry.
Special VPN Offer:
- CyberGhost is offering our readers a 45-day money-back guarantee plus a Whopping 82% discount.
- NordVPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a special 63% discount.
Recommended Movies similar to Boys Don’t Cry