- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Welcome to my interesting world.
- Genres: Drama, Comedy
- Release Date: 2010-02-14
- Runtime: 87.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: $9.1 million
- Production Companies: New Zealand Film Commission, Unison Films, Whenua Films
Cast & Crew
James Rolleston, Te Aho Aho Eketone, Whitu, Taika Waititi, Moerangi Tihore, Cherilee Martin, RickyLee Waipuka, Russell, Haze Reweti, Maakariini Butler, Rajvinder Eria, Manihera Rangiuaia, Darcy Ray Flavell, Hudson, Rachel House, Waihoroi Shortland, Cohen Holloway, Pana Hema, Taylor, Tuhoro Ranihera Christie, Craig Hall, Mavis Paenga, Ngapaki Emery, Ngaru, toa Puru, Hoanihuhi Takotohiwi, Tainui Callaghan, Manaia Callaghan, Ei Kura Albert, Montana Te Kani, Williams, Rangiteaorere Raki, Wairangi Herewini, Waimihi Hotere, Heke, turoa ‘Panache’ Ropitini, Ruataarehu Waititi, Te Urikore Waititi, Lake, Stu Rutherford, Justiun Haiu, Jarod Rawiri, Francis Kora, Chris Graham, Kereama Wright, Madeleine Sami, Billy Mizer
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Boy”
“Boy” is a heartwarming, coming-of-age story set in rural New Zealand in 1984.
The story focuses on 11-year-old Boy, an imaginative and mischievous young boy who lives with his grandmother and his two brothers. Boy idolizes his absent father, Alamein, a charismatic criminal who is currently in prison. Boy’s world is turned upside down when his father arrives home, only to find that Boy has been telling tall tales about his father’s exploits.
The story follows Boy’s journey as he attempts to reconcile his fantasy of his father with the real person who has returned. Along the way, Boy learns valuable lessons about friendship, loyalty, and family. The film is filled with moments of humor, joy, and sorrow as Boy and his family come to terms with Alamein’s return and the changes it brings.
The film culminates with Boy and his family coming together to celebrate Alamein’s homecoming. In the end, Boy realizes that his father is not a superhero, but a flawed and imperfect human being. Through this journey, Boy learns to accept his father for who he is and to appreciate the beauty and joy of life.
Where to Watch “Boy”
If you are wondering where to watch “Boy”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Boy” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Boy” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Boy