- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Based on a true story of love, victory, and fermentation
- Genres: Comedy, Drama
- Release Date: 2008-09-05
- Runtime: 110.0 min
- Budget: $5.0 million
- Revenue: $4.0 million
- Production Companies: Zininsa Film Production, Intellectual Properties Worldwide, Unclaimed Freight Productions, Shocking Bottle
Cast & Crew
Alan Rickman, Chris Pine, Bill Pullman, Rachael Taylor, Freddy Rodríguez, Dennis Farina, Hal B. Klein, Jean, Michel Richaud, Eliza Dushku, Kirk Baily, Philippe Bergeron, Bradley Whitford, Louis Giambalvo, Greg Collins, Luis Saguar, James Hiser, Geoff Callan, Miguel Sandoval, Marcia Firesten, Matthew Kimbrough, Laurie O’Brien, Kathy McGraw, Joe Regalbuto, Deborah O’Brien, Karl, Heinz Teuber, Marian Filali, Richard Gross, Mary Pat Gleason, Al Liner, Brian Leonard, Maximilienne Ewalt, Frank Avila, Valerie Long, James Carraway, Philippe Simon, André Tardieu, J.P. Gillain, André Mathieu, Jody Savin, Mark Famiglietti, Randall Miller, Roy Jimenez
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Bottle Shock”
Bottle Shock is a 2008 American comedy-drama film about the early days of the California wine industry. It is based on the 1976 wine competition termed the “Judgment of Paris” where California wines shocked the world by beating French wines in a blind taste test.
The movie follows the story of a struggling Napa Valley winemaker, Jim Barrett (played by Bill Pullman), who is struggling to keep his family-owned winery afloat. His son, Bo (Chris Pine), returns home after a failed attempt to make it as a rock musician in London. Bo soon discovers his father’s winery is in financial trouble and decides to help out by joining the family business.
Meanwhile, a British wine merchant, Steven Spurrier (Alan Rickman), travels to California in search of wines to feature in a blind taste test he is hosting in Paris. He visits Jim’s winery and is impressed by the quality of the wine, but is disappointed when Jim refuses to enter the competition.
Bo, however, is determined to prove his father’s wine is worthy of recognition and secretly enters the competition. When the results of the competition are announced, Jim’s wine is declared the winner, much to everyone’s surprise.
The movie follows the characters as they grapple with the newfound fame and success, and as Jim and Bo slowly begin to repair their fractured relationship. In the end, Jim
Where to Watch “Bottle Shock”
If you are wondering where to watch “Bottle Shock”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Bottle Shock” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Bottle Shock” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Bottle Shock