- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline:
- Genres: Drama, Romance
- Release Date: 1958-01-15
- Runtime: 94.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Wheel Productions, Columbia Pictures
Cast & Crew
Deborah Kerr, David Niven, Jean Seberg, Mylène Demongeot, Geoffrey Horne, Walter Chiari, Martita Hunt, Roland Culver, Jean Kent, Juliette Gréco, David Oxley, Elga Andersen, Jeremy Burnham, Eveline Eyfel, Tutte Lemkow, Maryse Martin
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Bonjour Tristesse”
Bonjour Tristesse is a 1958 romantic drama film directed by Otto Preminger and based on the novel of the same name by Françoise Sagan.
The film follows seventeen-year-old Cecile (Jean Seberg), a precocious and independent young woman who lives with her wealthy playboy father, Raymond (David Niven). When Raymond’s old flame, Anne (Deborah Kerr), arrives on the scene, Cecile is determined to prevent her from disrupting their carefree lifestyle. She schemes to keep her father and Anne apart, but her plan backfires when Raymond and Anne become engaged.
Cecile is devastated, and her behavior becomes increasingly reckless and irresponsible. She takes up with a married man, and her relationship with her father becomes strained. When Raymond and Anne’s wedding approaches, Cecile attempts to sabotage the ceremony, but Anne stands her ground and the wedding goes ahead as planned.
In the end, Cecile comes to terms with her father’s decision and learns to accept Anne into the family. Through her experiences, she grows up and learns to take responsibility for her own actions.
Where to Watch “Bonjour Tristesse”
If you are wondering where to watch “Bonjour Tristesse”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Bonjour Tristesse” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Bonjour Tristesse” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Bonjour Tristesse