- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Black Christmas
- Genres: Horror, Mystery, Thriller
- Release Date: 1974-10-11
- Runtime: 98.0
- Budget: $0.6 million
- Revenue: $4.1 million
- Production Companies: Film Funding Ltd. of Canada, Canadian Film Development Corporation (CFDC)-Vision IV, Famous Players, August Films
Cast & Crew
Olivia Hussey, Keir Dullea, Margot Kidder, Marian Waldman, Andrea Martin, James Edmond, Doug McGrath, Art Hindle, Lynne Griffin, Michael Rapport, John Saxon, Leslie Carlson, Martha Gibson, John Rutter, Robert Warner, Sydney Brown, Jack Van Evera, Les Rubie, Marcia Diamond, Pam Barney, Robert Hawkins, David Clement, Dave Mann, John Stoneham Sr.-Danny Gain, Tom Foreman
Black Christmas is a 1974 Canadian slasher film directed by Bob Clark and written by A. Roy Moore. The film tells the story of a group of female college students who are terrorized by a mysterious killer over the holiday season.
The movie follows a group of sorority sisters at a fictional college in Canada. During the Christmas holidays, the group begins to receive threatening phone calls from a mysterious person. As the calls become increasingly sinister, the girls start to fear for their safety.
When one of the girls is murdered, the group begins to suspect that the killer is someone close to them. As the killer’s identity is slowly revealed, the group must use their wits to survive the holiday season and unmask the killer.
Black Christmas is considered one of the earliest examples of the slasher genre and was a major influence on the later slasher films of the 1980s. The film features a strong female cast, suspenseful atmosphere, and a memorable score by composer Carl Zittrer. The film is a classic of the horror genre and has been praised for its effective use of tension and suspense.
How & Where to Watch “Black Christmas”
Wondering where to watch Black Christmas?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming Black Christmas.
Note: If you are not able to find any streaming platform listed above, it could be because of the regional restriction or because the title is actually not available on any of the platform.
Here’s how to watch it if it is not available in your country.
Unlock “Black Christmas” & Watch it Anywhere in the World with VPN
Not able to find “Black Christmas” in your region?
We’ve got a solution – use a VPN like CyberGhost or Nordvpn.
Why Should You Use a VPN?
A VPN does not just keep your internet browsing safe and private, it also unlocks unlimited content that might otherwise be restricted in your region. So, you can access and enjoy various shows and movies on platforms like Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and Prime Video.
A VPN works by changing your IP address with one from a different region. This way, it seems like you’re browsing from that region, and voila – you can bypass regional blocks.
Top Reasons to Stream with a VPN:
- Access Geo-restricted Content: With a VPN, you can watch movies and shows from all over the world and not just those available in your region.
- Data Protection: A VPN protects your data from potential threats helping you keep your personal details safe.
- No More Slow Streaming: Some internet service providers might slow your connection during high-demand streaming times. A VPN helps you avoid this, ensuring smooth streaming.
We recommend CyberGhost and NordVPN – two of the most trusted names in the VPN industry.
Special VPN Offer:
- CyberGhost is offering our readers a 45-day money-back guarantee plus a Whopping 82% discount.
- NordVPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a special 63% discount.
Recommended Movies similar to Black Christmas