- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: A soaring experience unlike anything you’ve ever seen before.
- Genres: Drama
- Release Date: 1984-12-14
- Runtime: 120.0 min
- Budget: $12.0 million
- Revenue: $1.4 million
- Production Companies: TriStar Pictures
Cast & Crew
Matthew Modine, Nicolas Cage, John Harkins, Sandy Baron, Karen Young, Bruno Kirby, Nancy Fish, George Buck, Dolores Sage, Pat Ryan, James Santini, Maud Winchester, Marshall Bell, Elizabeth Whitcraft, Sandra Beall, Victoria Nekko, Crystal Field, John Brumfield, Joe Lerer, Alice Truscott, Ed Taylor, Irving Selbst, Steve Lippe, William Clark, James Pruett, Priscilla Alden, Howard Kinsley, Robert Diamond, Bud Seese
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Birdy”
Birdy is a 1984 American drama film directed by Alan Parker and based on the 1978 novel of the same name by William Wharton. The film tells the story of two teenage boys, Birdy (Matthew Modine) and Al (Nicolas Cage), who are best friends and veterans of the Vietnam War.
The film opens with Birdy and Al playing a game of chicken in the sky, which ends in a crash. Birdy is severely injured in the accident and is sent to a hospital, where he is diagnosed with a severe case of post-traumatic stress disorder. He is placed in a mental institution, where he is subjected to electroshock therapy.
Meanwhile, Al visits Birdy in the hospital and tries to help him recover. He brings Birdy a pet canary, which Birdy becomes obsessed with and begins to believe is the only thing that can save him. He spends his days in the hospital talking to the bird, trying to teach it to fly and believing that, if he can make the bird fly, he can fly too.
Al visits Birdy every day, trying to help him recover, and eventually, Birdy begins to show signs of improvement. He eventually learns to fly the bird and, in the process, he is able to overcome his post-traumatic stress disorder.
At the end of the film, Birdy is released from the hospital and reunited with Al. The two friends fly away together, with Birdy
Where to Watch “Birdy”
If you are wondering where to watch “Birdy”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Birdy” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Birdy” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Birdy