- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The story of the handful of hope that became a fistful of hell!
- Genres: Drama
- Release Date: 1956-08-02
- Runtime: 95.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: 20th Century Fox
Cast & Crew
James Mason, Barbara Rush, Walter Matthau, Robert F. Simon, Christopher Olsen, Roland Winters, Rusty Lane, Rachel Stephens, Kipp Hamilton, Betty Caulfield, Virginia Carroll, Renny McEvoy, Billy Jones, Dee Aaker, Jerry Mathers, Portland Mason, Natalie Masters, Richard Collier, Lewis Charles, Gus Schilling, Alex Frazer, Mary McAdoo, Mary Carver, Eugenia Paul, Gladys Richards, David Bedell, Joseph Mell, George Chester
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Bigger Than Life”
Bigger Than Life is a 1956 American drama film directed by Nicholas Ray and starring James Mason, Barbara Rush, and Walter Matthau. The film follows a mild-mannered schoolteacher named Ed Avery (Mason) whose life is thrown into turmoil after he is prescribed cortisone for a rare medical condition. The drug has a powerful effect on Ed, causing him to become increasingly paranoid, delusional, and tyrannical.
The film begins with Ed Avery, a schoolteacher and family man, being diagnosed with a rare medical condition and prescribed cortisone. At first, the drug seems to be a miracle cure, allowing Ed to return to work and providing him with newfound energy and enthusiasm. But soon, Ed’s personality begins to change, and he becomes increasingly paranoid and delusional. His behavior becomes increasingly erratic and tyrannical, alienating his wife and children.
Ed’s wife, Lou (Rush), is initially supportive of her husband, but eventually decides to take matters into her own hands and wean him off the drug. This leads to a violent confrontation between Ed and Lou, and Ed is eventually institutionalized. While in the hospital, Ed begins to understand the effects of the drug on his behavior and is eventually able to regain control of his life.
The film ends with Ed and Lou reconciling, and Ed beginning to rebuild his life. Bigger Than Life is a powerful drama that explores the dangers of unchecked medical treatments and the power of
Where to Watch “Bigger Than Life”
If you are wondering where to watch “Bigger Than Life”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Bigger Than Life” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Bigger Than Life” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Bigger Than Life