- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Insanity doesn’t run in the family, it gallops.
- Genres: Comedy
- Release Date: 1985-10-11
- Runtime: 97.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: $10.3 million
- Production Companies: Not Available
Cast & Crew
John Cusack, David Ogden Stiers, Kim Darby, Demian Slade, Amanda Wyss, Diane Franklin, Scooter Stevens, Curtis Armstrong, Yuji Okumoto, Brian Imada, Laura Waterbury, Dan Schneider, Chuck Mitchell, Aaron Dozier, Frank Burt Avalon, Vincent Schiavelli, Taylor Negron, Elizabeth Daily, Joe W. Davis, Peter Ellenstein, Edward Mehler, Thomas Rollerson, Toby Iland, Jonathan Charles Fox, Darren Harris, Randy Stoklos, Sam High, David Vaughn, Tina Littlewood, Steven Williams, Stuart K. Robinson, Rima Lyn, Yano Anaya, Joey Tushnet, Sebastian Dungan, Rick Rosenthal
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Better Off Dead…”
Better Off Dead… is a 1985 American romantic comedy film starring John Cusack and written and directed by Savage Steve Holland.
The film follows Lane Meyer, a high school student who is struggling to cope with the death of his father, the pressure of his studies, and the rejection of his long-time crush, the beautiful and popular Amanda. After a failed suicide attempt, Lane finds solace in the company of a French exchange student, Monique, and the two of them embark on an unlikely romance.
Meanwhile, Lane’s best friend Charles is determined to help him get over Amanda and move on with his life. With Charles’ help, Lane begins to find his way back to happiness, but he soon discovers that Amanda is dating his arch-rival, Roy.
Fueled by jealousy, Lane challenges Roy to a dangerous drag race for Amanda’s affections. Despite his best efforts, Lane loses the race, but his courage and determination to win Amanda back earns her respect. In the end, Amanda and Lane reconcile and begin a relationship.
The film is a light-hearted and humorous look at the struggles of adolescence, with a strong message of perseverance and the power of friendship.
Where to Watch “Better Off Dead…”
If you are wondering where to watch “Better Off Dead…”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Better Off Dead…” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Better Off Dead…” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Better Off Dead…