- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Suspect. Investigator. Passion. Betrayal.
- Genres: Crime, Drama, Romance, Thriller
- Release Date: 1988-08-26
- Runtime: 127.0 min
- Budget: $19.0 million
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: United Artists, Winkler Films, CST Telecommunications
Cast & Crew
Debra Winger, Tom Berenger, John Heard, Betsy Blair, John Mahoney, Ted Levine, Jeffrey DeMunn, Albert Hall, David Clennon, Robert Swan, Richard Libertini, Maria Valdez, Brian Bosak, Alan Wilder, Clifford A. Pellow, Ralph Foody, Shawn Schepps, Dolores Drake, Stephen E. Miller, Suzie Payne, Christopher Kubasik, Timothy Jerome, Jack Ackroyd, Howard Siegel, Ruston Harker, Howard Storey, Bill Dow, Leslie Stolzenberger, Terry David Mulligan, Fred Keating, Dan Conway, Will Zahrn, Kevin C. White, Jefferson Zuma Jay Wagner, Joel Daly, Bob Herron, Eric Geisreiter, Ed Johnson, Wayne Lawson, Reid Seibert, Vic Vogt, Frank Harmon, Walter Marsh, Leroy R. Horn, W. Wayne Arrants, Mimi Bensinger, Bill Corsair, Judith C. Jacobs, Joyce Bowden, Rodger Parsons, Mary Sharmat, Timothy Hutton, Douglas M. Nelson
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Betrayed”
Betrayed is a 1988 American political thriller film directed by Costa-Gavras and starring Debra Winger and Tom Berenger. The film tells the story of an FBI agent (Winger) who infiltrates a white supremacist group in the Midwest to investigate the disappearance of a former government informant (Berenger).
The film opens with FBI agent Cathy Weaver (Debra Winger) being sent undercover to investigate the disappearance of an informant, Gary Simmons (Tom Berenger). After arriving in a small Midwestern town, she meets up with Gary’s old friend, Dan, and discovers that Gary had been involved with a white supremacist group known as the Aryan Alliance.
Cathy infiltrates the group and meets its leader, John Taylor (John Heard), who is a former military man. She also meets his right-hand man, Alan Berg (John Mahoney), and his wife, Liz (Linda Hamilton). As Cathy gets deeper into the group, she discovers that the Aryan Alliance is planning to assassinate the governor of the state.
Cathy begins to feel torn between her job and her feelings for John Taylor, who she finds herself increasingly attracted to. Meanwhile, the FBI is closing in on the group and Cathy is ordered to stay undercover and not to interfere.
When Cathy discovers that John Taylor is planning to assassinate the governor, she must decide if she will stay loyal to her job and the FBI, or if
Where to Watch “Betrayed”
If you are wondering where to watch “Betrayed”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Betrayed” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Betrayed” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Betrayed