- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The Extraordinary First Film From The Director Of Shadow Of The Vampire
- Genres: Fantasy, Horror
- Release Date: 1991-06-05
- Runtime: 72.0 min
- Budget: $0.0 million
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Theatre Of Material
Cast & Crew
Brian Salzberg, Donna Dempsey, Stephen Charles Barry
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Begotten”
Begotten is a surreal horror film released in 1991, written and directed by Edmund Elias Merhige. The film follows a mysterious figure known as “God” who kills himself, causing the Earth to become barren and desolate.
The film then follows a mysterious figure known as “Mother Earth” who emerges from the dead body of God. She wanders the barren land and eventually gives birth to a son, who is known as “Son of Earth”. The son is then subjected to various forms of torture and abuse by a group of mysterious figures known as “The Tribe”.
The Tribe eventually kills the son, and Mother Earth is then seen mourning her dead son. She then begins to wander the desolate land, eventually coming across a strange man who calls himself “The Man”. The Man tells her of a way to bring her son back to life, and she agrees to his plan.
The Man then takes Mother Earth and her son’s body to a strange ritual site, where he performs a ritual that brings the son back to life. The son then begins to wander the land, eventually coming across The Tribe. The Tribe then attempts to kill the son, but he is able to use his newfound powers to escape.
The son then continues to wander the land, eventually coming across a group of mysterious figures known as “The Disciples”. The Dis
Where to Watch “Begotten”
If you are wondering where to watch “Begotten”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Begotten” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Begotten” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Begotten