- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: A murder. A suspect. A shadow of a doubt.
- Genres: Drama, Thriller, Mystery
- Release Date: 1996-02-23
- Runtime: 108.0 min
- Budget: $35.0 million
- Revenue: $8.8 million
- Production Companies: Hollywood Pictures, Caravan Pictures
Cast & Crew
Meryl Streep, Liam Neeson, Edward Furlong, Alfred Molina, Julia Weldon, Daniel von Bargen, John Heard, Ann Magnuson, Alison Folland, Bernadette Quigley, Timothy Patrick Cavanaugh, Sharon Ullrick, Paul Giamatti, Jordan Lund, Larry Pine, Wesley Addy
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Before and After”
Before and After is a 1996 drama film directed by Barbet Schroeder and starring Meryl Streep, Liam Neeson, Edward Furlong, and Julia Weldon. The story follows the struggle of a family as they cope with the aftermath of their son’s murder.
The film begins with the Ryan family living in a rural New England town. Dr. Jake Ryan (Liam Neeson) is a successful doctor and his wife, Carolyn (Meryl Streep) is a homemaker. They have two children, a daughter, Anna (Julia Weldon) and a son, Jacob (Edward Furlong).
Jacob is a troubled teenager who is prone to getting into trouble. One day, he goes missing and the police find his dead body in the woods. The police suspect that Jacob was murdered and the Ryans are devastated.
The Ryans are determined to find out who killed their son and they enlist the help of a private investigator. The investigation leads them to a former patient of Jake’s, Leonard (Alfred Molina). Leonard is a disturbed man who had been in and out of mental institutions and had been treated by Jake before.
The Ryans soon discover that Leonard is the killer and they confront him. Leonard confesses to the killing and is arrested. Jake and Carolyn are shocked and devastated by the revelation and their marriage begins to crumble.
Anna is also struggling to cope with the loss of
Where to Watch “Before and After”
If you are wondering where to watch “Before and After”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Before and After” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Before and After” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Before and After