- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: They’re Out To Beat the Devil At His Own Game!
- Genres: Adventure, Comedy
- Release Date: 1953-11-24
- Runtime: 89.0 min
- Budget: $1.0 million
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: United Artists, Santana Pictures Corporation, Romulus Films, Rizzoli, Haggiag
Cast & Crew
Humphrey Bogart, Jennifer Jones, Gina Lollobrigida, Robert Morley, Peter Lorre, Edward Underdown, Ivor Barnard, Marco Tulli, Bernard Lee, Mario Perrone, Giulio Donnini, Saro Urzì, Juan de Landa, Aldo Silvani, Mimmo Poli, Peter Sellers, Manuel Serrano
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Beat the Devil”
Beat the Devil is a 1953 comedy-drama film directed by John Huston and starring Humphrey Bogart, Jennifer Jones, Gina Lollobrigida, Robert Morley, Peter Lorre, and Edward Underdown. The screenplay was co-written by Huston and Truman Capote, loosely based on a novel by British writer James Helvick.
The film follows four shady characters – Bogart, Jones, Morley and Lorre – who are attempting to buy uranium in Africa. They are joined by a mysterious fifth passenger, an Italian countess played by Lollobrigida. As the characters travel through Italy, they find themselves in a web of deceit and double-crossing, as each of them has their own motives for their journey.
The group soon finds themselves stranded in a small Italian port, where they are accused of being spies. In order to escape, they must prove their innocence and beat the devil at his own game. Along the way, they encounter a number of colorful characters, including a corrupt police chief, a sly hotel manager, and a superstitious boat captain.
As the group continues their journey, they come to realize that they are all in over their heads. With each twist and turn, they must outwit their adversaries and find a way to get what they want. In the end, they must decide if they can trust each other and work together to beat the devil.
Where to Watch “Beat the Devil”
If you are wondering where to watch “Beat the Devil”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Beat the Devil” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Beat the Devil” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Beat the Devil