- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: You name it, we shoot it.
- Genres: Drama, Comedy
- Release Date: 2008-01-20
- Runtime: 102.0 min
- Budget: $20.0 million
- Revenue: $30.6 million
- Production Companies: Partizan, New Line Cinema, Focus Features
Cast & Crew
Jack Black, Yasiin Bey, Danny Glover, Mia Farrow, Melonie Diaz, Irv Gooch, Chandler Parker, Arjay Smith, Marcus Carl Franklin, Blake Hightower, Amir Ali Said, Paul Dinello, Sigourney Weaver, Heather Lawless, Kid Creole, Matt Walsh, Basia Rosas, P.J. Byrne, Quinton Aaron, Gio Perez, Tomasz Soltys, David Slotkoff, Frank Heins, Karolina Wydra, Harvey Hogan, Ted McElwee, Walter Helbig, Victor Dickerson, David M. Sheppard, Marc Alan Austen, Paul Barman, Karen Spitzer, Allie Woods, McKinley Page, Francisco Fabian, Kishu Chand, Ann Longo, Parrie Hodges, Jon Glaser, Marceline Hugot, John Tormey, Frank Girardeau
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Be Kind Rewind”
Be Kind Rewind is a 2008 comedy directed by Michel Gondry. The movie stars Jack Black and Mos Def as two best friends, Jerry and Mike, who live in Passaic, New Jersey. Jerry is a slacker and Mike works at a local video store owned by Mr. Fletcher (Danny Glover).
When Jerry accidentally erases all the tapes in the store, the two friends come up with a scheme to make their own versions of the movies in order to save the store from going out of business. With the help of their friend Alma (Mia Farrow) and her camcorder, they set out to remake all the movies that were erased.
As they begin to recreate the films, they attract the attention of their neighbors, who become part of their production. The two friends also enlist the help of their local pastor (Sigourney Weaver) to help them produce their remakes.
The remakes become a big hit in the town, and soon the two friends become minor celebrities. However, their success is threatened when their old enemy, the local video store owner, decides to take legal action against them.
The two friends must now come up with a plan to save the store and themselves from going out of business. With the help of their friends and neighbors, they must find a way to outwit the video store owner and keep their business afloat.
Be Kind Rewind is a heart
Where to Watch “Be Kind Rewind”
If you are wondering where to watch “Be Kind Rewind”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Be Kind Rewind” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Be Kind Rewind” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Be Kind Rewind