- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The view may be beautiful, but you can’t eat it.
- Genres: Drama
- Release Date: 2019-03-26
- Runtime: 89.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Early Day Films
Cast & Crew
Edward Rowe, Giles King, Mary Woodvine, Isaac Woodvine, Chloe Endean, Martin Ellis, Jowan Jacobs, Georgia Ellery, Morgan Val Baker, Stacey Guthrie, Tristan Sturrock, Janet Thirlaway, Simon Shepherd
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Bait”
Bait is a 2019 British thriller film directed by Mark Jenkin. It follows a small Cornish fishing village, struggling to survive in the face of the changing tides of modern life.
Martin Ward (Edward Rowe) is a traditional fisherman, struggling to make ends meet in the face of the encroaching tourist industry that threatens to swallow up his livelihood. His son, Steven (Giles King), is a young entrepreneur who sees an opportunity to make a quick buck off the tourists. When a mysterious stranger (Gwilym Lee) arrives in the village, he quickly becomes a source of tension between the two men.
The stranger’s presence causes a rift between the locals and the tourists, and the situation is further complicated when Martin discovers that the stranger is a former thief from London. Martin’s suspicions are further confirmed when he finds a hidden stash of cash in the stranger’s room.
When the stranger is revealed to be a former associate of Steven’s, Martin’s suspicions are raised even further. He confronts Steven, who admits to having been involved in a robbery in London. Martin and Steven’s relationship is further strained when Steven decides to use the money to buy a boat, which he plans to use to take the tourists out on fishing trips.
Martin’s anger reaches a boiling point when he discovers that the stranger has been using the village as a base to smuggle drugs. He must now decide whether to take the law into his own hands
Where to Watch “Bait”
If you are wondering where to watch “Bait”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Bait” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Bait” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Bait