- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: She’s nineteen. She makes her husband keep away — she won’t let the stranger go.
- Genres: Drama
- Release Date: 1956-12-18
- Runtime: 114.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Warner Bros. Pictures, Newtown Productions
Cast & Crew
Karl Malden, Carroll Baker, Eli Wallach, Mildred Dunnock, Lonny Chapman, Eades Hogue, Noah Williamson, R. G. Armstrong, Madeleine Sherwood, Rip Torn
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Baby Doll”
Baby Doll is a 1956 American black comedy-drama film directed by Elia Kazan, and starring Carroll Baker, Karl Malden, and Eli Wallach.
The story follows Baby Doll Meighan, a 19-year-old girl living in the small town of Mississippi. She is married to Archie Lee Meighan, a failing cotton gin owner who is in debt to his rival, Silva Vacarro. To make matters worse, Archie has been unable to consummate their marriage.
Vacarro arrives at the Meighan plantation and accuses Archie of burning down his gin. In an attempt to save his business, Archie has Baby Doll seduce Vacarro and distract him from his mission. Through a series of events, Baby Doll and Vacarro become close, and eventually fall in love.
Meanwhile, Archie has been plotting to get rid of Vacarro and reclaim his business. He sets up a trap to kill Vacarro, but Baby Doll discovers his plan and tries to warn Vacarro. In the end, Vacarro is able to escape, and Baby Doll and Archie are left to confront the consequences of their actions.
The film is a dark comedy that explores the themes of power, manipulation, and love. It is a riveting exploration of how far people will go to protect their own interests.
Where to Watch “Baby Doll”
If you are wondering where to watch “Baby Doll”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Baby Doll” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Baby Doll” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Baby Doll