- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: He fell in love for the first time. She fell in love forever.
- Genres: Drama, Romance
- Release Date: 2000-08-11
- Runtime: 103.0 min
- Budget: $65.0 million
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Metro, Goldwyn, Mayer, Lakeshore Entertainment
Cast & Crew
Richard Gere, Winona Ryder, Anthony LaPaglia, Elaine Stritch, Vera Farmiga, Sherry Stringfield, Jill Hennessy, J.K. Simmons, Sam Trammell, Mary Beth Hurt, Kali Rocha, Bill Raymond, Russell Hunston, Iris Flick, Rachel Nichols
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Autumn in New York”
Autumn in New York is a romantic drama released in 2000. It follows the story of Will Keane (Richard Gere), a wealthy 50-year-old New York restaurateur who finds himself falling for the much younger Charlotte Fielding (Winona Ryder).
The two are immediately attracted to each other, but Will is hesitant to pursue a relationship due to his fear of commitment and his belief that he is too old for Charlotte. Charlotte is also hesitant due to her own insecurities and her fear of being hurt.
Their relationship is further complicated when Charlotte is diagnosed with a terminal illness. Faced with the prospect of a short life, Charlotte decides to make the most of it and begins to open up to Will.
Will is forced to confront his own fears and doubts and decides to take a chance on love. He opens up to Charlotte and the two fall in love.
The movie follows their journey together as they explore New York City in the fall. They spend time visiting parks, museums, and other places of interest. They also share intimate moments as they get to know each other better.
However, their time together is cut short when Charlotte’s illness takes a turn for the worse. Will is forced to face the harsh reality that Charlotte may not make it and must make a difficult decision.
In the end, Will and Charlotte find solace in each other’s company and find a way to make the most of the time they
Where to Watch “Autumn in New York”
If you are wondering where to watch “Autumn in New York”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Autumn in New York” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Autumn in New York” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Autumn in New York