- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: She made him become what he always wanted to be – a lover, a hero, a rich man…and a killer!
- Genres: Crime, Drama, Romance
- Release Date: 1980-09-03
- Runtime: 104.0 min
- Budget: $7.2 million
- Revenue: $12.7 million
- Production Companies: Canadian Film Development Corporation (CFDC)-Famous Players Limited, Selta Films, International Cinema Corporation (ICC)-Cine, Neighbor
Cast & Crew
Burt Lancaster, Susan Sarandon, Kate Reid, Michel Piccoli, Hollis McLaren, Robert Joy, Al Waxman, Robert Goulet, Moses Znaimer, Angus MacInnes, Sean Sullivan, Wallace Shawn, Harvey Atkin, Norma Dell’Agnese, Louis Del Grande, John McCurry, Eleanor Beecroft, Cec Linder, Sean McCann, Elias Koteas, Vincent Glorioso, Adèle Chatfield, Taylor, Tony Angelo, Sis Clark
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Atlantic City”
Atlantic City is a 1980 romantic crime drama directed by Louis Malle and starring Burt Lancaster and Susan Sarandon. The story focuses on Lou Pascal (Lancaster), an aging small-time gangster living in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Lou is trying to make ends meet by working as a parking lot attendant and running a few small-time hustles. He meets Sally (Sarandon), a young woman from the Midwest who has come to Atlantic City in search of a new life.
The two quickly become enamored with one another, and Lou sees Sally as a potential way out of his dead-end life. He attempts to make enough money to start a new life with Sally by getting involved in a drug deal with his old partner, Dave (Robert Joy). However, the drug deal goes awry, and Lou is arrested and sent to prison.
Sally, meanwhile, is determined to make a life for herself in Atlantic City. She gets a job as a maid at a local casino and begins to make friends with the other employees. She also meets a young man named Jack (Michel Piccoli) who works at the casino as a croupier.
Jack introduces Sally to the world of high-stakes gambling and introduces her to the casino’s owner, Grace (Kate Reid). Grace is impressed with Sally’s intelligence and ambition, and hires her as her personal assistant. Lou is eventually released from prison, and he and
Where to Watch “Atlantic City”
If you are wondering where to watch “Atlantic City”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Atlantic City” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Atlantic City” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Atlantic City