- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Truth is stranger than legend…
- Genres: Documentary
- Release Date: 2014-11-19
- Runtime: 66.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Lightbox Entertainment, Xbox Entertainment Studios
Cast & Crew
Nolan Bushnell, Howard Scott Warshaw, Manny Gerard, Joe Lewandowski, Paul Sanchez, Ernest Cline, Seamus Blackley, Raiford Guins, Mike Mika, Andrew Reinhard
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Atari: Game Over”
Atari: Game Over is a documentary film released in 2014 that chronicles the rise and fall of the Atari Corporation. The film follows the story of the Atari Corporation from its early days as a pioneer in the video game industry, to its meteoric rise, to its ultimate downfall as a result of the infamous 1983 video game crash.
The film begins by introducing the audience to the early days of the Atari Corporation, when it was the first to introduce the home video game console. It then follows the success of the company as it became a household name and was responsible for some of the most iconic video games of the 1980s, such as Pac-Man and Space Invaders.
The film then dives into the darker side of Atari’s success, as it begins to suffer from overexposure and poor management decisions. This ultimately leads to the infamous 1983 video game crash, which saw the company’s stock plummeting and the company eventually filing for bankruptcy in 1984.
The film then follows the story of the Atari Corporation’s fall from grace, as it is forced to sell off its assets and close down its operations. It then focuses on the discovery of the thousands of unsold copies of the infamous video game, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, which were buried in a landfill in Alamogordo, New Mexico.
The film culminates with the excavation of the landfill, as the Atari Corporation’s legacy
Where to Watch “Atari: Game Over”
If you are wondering where to watch “Atari: Game Over”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Atari: Game Over” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Atari: Game Over” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Atari: Game Over