- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline:
- Genres: Horror, Science Fiction
- Release Date: 2008-03-20
- Runtime: 93.0 min
- Budget: $22.0 million
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Hyde Park Films, Mad Scientist Productions
Cast & Crew
Sarah Roemer, Mark Rolston, Jake Muxworthy, Travis Van Winkle, Ellen Hollman, Joel Heyman, Lin Shaye, Cody Kasch, Carolina Garcia
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Asylum”
Asylum is a 2008 psychological thriller starring Natasha Richardson, Ian McKellen, and Hugh Bonneville. The film follows the story of Dr. Peter Cleave, a psychiatrist working in an asylum for the criminally insane. Cleave is tasked with evaluating the mental state of Stella Raphael, a patient who has been institutionalized for the murder of her husband.
As Cleave delves into Stella’s past, he discovers a dark secret that she has been hiding for years. It turns out that Stella was a victim of a cruel experiment conducted by her husband, a scientist who believed that the human mind could be manipulated through a series of psychological tests. Stella was subjected to his experiments in an attempt to make her a perfect wife.
As Cleave begins to unravel the truth behind Stella’s past, he finds himself in a battle for her sanity and his own. With the help of his colleague, Dr. Franklyn, Cleave must find a way to save Stella from her husband’s experiment and free her from the asylum. But as the two doctors get closer to the truth, they find themselves in danger from the powerful forces that are determined to keep Stella’s secrets buried.
Asylum is a gripping psychological thriller that explores the depths of the human mind and the power of manipulation. It is a thrilling journey of discovery and redemption, as the two doctors fight to free Stella from her prison of the past.
Where to Watch “Asylum”
If you are wondering where to watch “Asylum”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Asylum” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Asylum” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Asylum