- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: You have nothing to lose but your mind.
- Genres: Horror, Thriller, Mystery
- Release Date: 1972-11-17
- Runtime: 88.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Amicus Productions
Cast & Crew
Peter Cushing, Patrick Magee, Herbert Lom, Britt Ekland, Barry Morse, Charlotte Rampling, Barbara Parkins, Robert Powell, Sylvia Syms, Richard Todd, James Villiers, Geoffrey Bayldon, Ann Firbank, Megs Jenkins, John Franklyn, Robbins
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Asylum”
Asylum is a 1972 British psychological horror film directed by Roy Ward Baker. It stars Robert Powell, Britt Ekland, and Peter Cushing.
The film follows Dr. Martin, a psychiatrist who is sent to a mental asylum to investigate the mysterious death of a patient. He soon discovers that the asylum is run by a sadistic doctor, Dr. Starr, who uses cruel and unusual methods to keep the inmates in line. Dr. Martin soon finds himself in a race against time to uncover the truth behind the asylum and save the inmates from Dr. Starr’s tyranny.
The story begins with Dr. Martin arriving at the asylum and being shown around by Dr. Starr. He quickly realizes that the asylum is not what it seems and that the inmates are being subjected to cruel treatment. He soon discovers that Dr. Starr is using experimental treatments on the patients and is also using them as guinea pigs for his own experiments.
Dr. Martin is determined to uncover the truth and save the inmates, but he finds himself in a race against time as Dr. Starr is determined to keep the truth hidden. With the help of a sympathetic nurse, Dr. Martin is able to uncover the truth and save the inmates from Dr. Starr’s tyranny.
Asylum is a thrilling and suspenseful horror film that will keep you on the edge of your seat. It is a gripping and chilling tale of madness and cruelty that will leave you with chills.
Where to Watch “Asylum”
If you are wondering where to watch “Asylum”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Asylum” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Asylum” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Asylum