- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Not everyone who drinks is a poet, some of us drink because we’re not.
- Genres: Comedy, Drama, Romance
- Release Date: 1981-07-17
- Runtime: 97.0 min
- Budget: $7.0 million
- Revenue: $95.5 million
- Production Companies: Orion Pictures, Jack Rollins & Charles H. Joffe Productions
Cast & Crew
Dudley Moore, Liza Minnelli, John Gielgud, Geraldine Fitzgerald, Jill Eikenberry, Stephen Elliott, Ted Ross, Barney Martin, Thomas Barbour, Anne De Salvo, Marjorie Barnes, Dillon Evans, Maurice Copeland, Justine Johnson, Paul Vincent, Mary Alan Hokanson, Paul Gleason, Phyllis Somerville, Irving Metzman, Joe Doolan, John Doolan, Melissa Ballan, Florence Tarlow, Lou Jacobi, Gordon Press, Bob Maroff, Marcella Lowery, Jerome Collamore, Mark Fleischman, Helen Hanft, John Eric Bentley, Raymond Serra, Peter Evans, Dominic Guastaferro, Phil Oxnam, Richard Hamilton, George Riddle, Lawrence Tierney, Bobo Lewis, B. Constance Barry, Kurt Schlesinger, Steve James, Debra Lass, Mark Margolis, Marianne Muellerleile, Judi Passeltiner
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Arthur”
Arthur is a 1981 romantic comedy starring Dudley Moore and Liza Minnelli. The movie follows the story of Arthur Bach, a wealthy and irresponsible playboy. Despite his wealth, he is unhappy and his family wants him to grow up and take responsibility.
Arthur’s life changes when he meets Linda Marolla, a working-class woman from Queens. Against the wishes of his family, Arthur falls in love with Linda and decides to marry her. His family is outraged and threatens to cut him off financially if he goes through with it. Arthur must choose between his family’s money and his love for Linda.
The movie follows Arthur as he navigates his way through the complicated web of family, money, and love. Along the way, he faces a variety of obstacles, including a jealous ex-girlfriend, a disapproving father, and a disapproving butler. Despite the obstacles, Arthur and Linda manage to find their way to each other and find true love.
The movie is a comedy filled with humorous moments, but also has a strong emotional core. Arthur is a classic romantic comedy that will make you laugh, cry, and root for the happy couple.
Where to Watch “Arthur”
If you are wondering where to watch “Arthur”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Arthur” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Arthur” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Arthur