- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: If you don’t believe in the existence of evil, you’ve got a lot to learn
- Genres: Drama, Thriller
- Release Date: 1998-10-23
- Runtime: 107.0 min
- Budget: $14.0 million
- Revenue: $8.9 million
- Production Companies: Bad Hat Harry Productions, Phoenix Pictures, Canal+ Droits Audiovisuels
Cast & Crew
Ian McKellen, Brad Renfro, Bruce Davison, Elias Koteas, Joe Morton, Jan Tříska, Michael Byrne, Heather McComb, Ann Dowd, Joshua Jackson, David Schwimmer, Mickey Cottrell, Michael Reid MacKay, James Karen, Marjorie Lovett, David Cooley, Blake Anthony Tibbetts, Katherine Malone, Grace Sinden, Anthony Moore, Kevin Spirtas, Danna Dennis, Michael Artura, Donna Marie Brown, Mark Flythe, Warren Wilson, Jill Harris, Norbert D. Singer, Mildred Singer, Mary Ottman
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Apt Pupil”
Apt Pupil is a 1998 psychological thriller directed by Bryan Singer and starring Ian McKellen and Brad Renfro.
The movie follows Todd Bowden (Renfro), a 16-year-old high school student who discovers that his elderly neighbor is a former Nazi war criminal. After initially confronting the man, Kurt Dussander (McKellen), Todd blackmails him into revealing the details of his past. Todd becomes obsessed with the stories of Dussander’s atrocities and begins to emulate the Nazi’s behavior.
As Todd’s fascination with Dussander’s past grows, so does the tension between the two. Todd begins to push Dussander to tell him more, and Dussander realizes he must find a way to get rid of Todd before his own secrets are exposed.
The story culminates in a confrontation between the two, as Todd attempts to force Dussander to admit his guilt. In the end, Todd’s obsession with Dussander’s past leads to a tragic conclusion.
Apt Pupil is a gripping and suspenseful exploration of the consequences of unchecked fascination with the past. It is a cautionary tale about the power of secrets and the dangers of trying to control the past.
Where to Watch “Apt Pupil”
If you are wondering where to watch “Apt Pupil”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Apt Pupil” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Apt Pupil” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Apt Pupil