- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: He was King. She was barely 18. And in their thousand days they played out the most passionate and shocking love story in history!
- Genres: Drama, History, Romance
- Release Date: 1969-12-18
- Runtime: 145.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Hal Wallis Productions, Universal Pictures
Cast & Crew
Richard Burton, Geneviève Bujold, Irene Papas, Anthony Quayle, John Colicos, Michael Hordern, Katharine Blake, Peter Jeffrey, Joseph O’Conor, William Squire, Valerie Gearon, Vernon Dobtcheff, Gary Bond, Terence Wilton, Denis Quilley, Esmond Knight, T.P. McKenna, Michael Johnson, Marne Maitland, Nora Swinburne, June Ellis, Cyril Luckham, Brook Williams, Lesley Paterson, Amanda Jane Smythe, Nicola Pagett, Peter Avella, George Ballantine, Hyma Beckley, Jack Berg, Kate Burton, Elizabeth Counsell, Maxwell Craig, Mabel Etherington, Max Faulkner, Ernest Fennemore, Harry Fielder, Hugh Futcher, Victor Harrington, Fiona Hartford, Lindsay Hooper, Juliet Kempson, Juba Kennerley, Eric Kent, Aileen Lewis, Tommy Little, Fred Machon, Mary Maxfield, Alan Meacham, James Mellor, Terence Mountain, George Oliver, Harry Paris, Dido Plumb, Kynaston Reeves, Bunny Seaman, Jack Sharp, Elizabeth Taylor, Royston Tickner, Anne Tirard, Rita Tobin, Weske, Liza Todd, James Ure, Amanda Walker, Jerold Wells, Fred Wood
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Anne of the Thousand Days”
Anne of the Thousand Days is a 1969 British historical drama film based on the life of Anne Boleyn, the second wife of Henry VIII of England. The film follows Anne’s life from her arrival at court to her eventual execution.
The film opens with Anne (Geneviève Bujold) arriving at the court of King Henry VIII (Richard Burton). She quickly catches the eye of the king and the two begin a passionate affair. However, Anne is determined to not be just another mistress and insists that Henry marry her. Despite much opposition from the court and the Church, the king agrees and the two are wed.
The marriage is not a happy one, as Anne is unable to produce a male heir and Henry begins to look elsewhere for a more fertile wife. Anne is able to give birth to a daughter, Elizabeth, but this does not satisfy the king. Henry’s advisors, Cardinal Wolsey and Thomas Cromwell, plot against Anne and eventually accuse her of adultery. She is arrested and put on trial.
Despite her pleas of innocence, she is found guilty and sentenced to death. On the day of her execution, Anne is stoic and dignified. She meets her fate with courage and grace, and is remembered as a martyr to the Protestant cause.
Where to Watch “Anne of the Thousand Days”
If you are wondering where to watch “Anne of the Thousand Days”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Anne of the Thousand Days” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Anne of the Thousand Days” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Anne of the Thousand Days